03-06-2008

Brisbane, Australia

200 Signins

5546 Page Views

• Views: 5546
  • Message 1 of 5

Remember login

2008-04-11, 11:58 AM
I would like a cookie that keeps me always logged in unless I explicitly log out.

Please
Options

3965 Posts

11-20-2007

US

23520 Signins

803285 Page Views

• Views: 803285
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Remember login

2008-04-11, 12:35 PM
Checking the "Remember Me" box on the log-in page doesn't work?

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

71 Posts

03-06-2008

Brisbane, Australia

200 Signins

5546 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2008-04-11, 13:19 PM
The remember me box doesn't work.  I have even had to log in again in the same window I had already logged into maybe twenty minutes prior.  I have the same issue on all machines I connect from but not sure if I have tried a browser other than Firefox.  I will use IE for a while and see if it's any different.

EDIT  To clarify - whenever I browse to forums.lenovo.com I arrive as a guest.  I have to click on the sign in link where my name and password are already populated and I can just click sign in.  Not sure if that is the work of the remember-me cookie or Firefox password manager.

Message Edited by Cedric on 04-11-2008 11:26 PM
Options

7634 Posts

11-19-2007

US

10101 Signins

400183 Page Views

• Views: 400183
  • Message 4 of 5

2008-04-11, 13:24 PM
Cedric,

I think nonny may be answering a question about a period auto refresh setting which does dramatically extend the time you can stay connected with minimal activity.

I took your question to mean you'd like to start a session in the morning and keep it live all day without being logged off for inactivity.   The time to autologoff is controlled by the forum software and is a global setting for all users.

Right now, I have it set to 20 mins I believe, and Lithium has advised that maintaining a connection, even an inactive one, causes some overhead.  Coupled with with hundreds of non-registered users on the site at all times (search engines and browsing visits by unregistered guests, or members who are not logged in) there is a consideration of performance balancing.

I think Nonny's suggestion will help you quite a bit, and if others need more time, we can adjust the timeout period upward a bit.

Thanks!

Options

71 Posts

03-06-2008

Brisbane, Australia

200 Signins

5546 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2008-04-11, 13:41 PM
Thanks Mark.  It is consistent with an autologoff timeout so that explains it at least.  It is just a little annoying to have to wait for a sequence of page loads everytime I drop by the forum.  Is there any chance of implementing autologin?  If not that then maybe have a login form on the main page so I don't have to navigate away to a login page and then come back?  Failing that I guess I could point my bookmark to the forums to the login page. :-)
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete