Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Former Administrator
Message 1 of 27 (47,517 Views)

Welcoming Motorola

[ Edited ]

As many of you are aware, Motorola Mobility joined the Lenovo family a while ago and we have been looking at how we can work better together.  One opportunity is to begin work to integrate our communities and welcome Motorola onto our platform, and we began the first step in that process during a maintenance period last Friday February 26th.

As a next step in this transition, we are implementing new designs for both the Motorola and Lenovo Communities to build on a common design template which will provide many new features including a product selector for navigation, collapsible board lists and featured content, and navigation aids on category and board pages to help you easily move from one board to another without having to rely on the bread crumbs.

We are also taking this opportunity to better align with current Lenovo and Motorola branding, and drawing in headers and footers used throughout the respective sites.  This will make navigation more intuitive for customers.

As the two communities will now share a combined user base, our customers who participate in both communities can click through and make use of the same sign in credentials, and rank up based on participation in both communities.

As part of these changes which should roll out starting tonight, you should see the following:

• New Design & navigation
  • Access profile & setting through a pull down menu on your name
  • New fields for phone / carrier / serial #  (All optional) under personal information in your settings
  • Information on how to join the Motorola feedback network (if you own a Motorola device)
  • Some new rank names
  • New photo options including a lightbox, thumnails and 

Updates to follow as things drop into place.

Best regards,

Mark

Former Administrator
Message 2 of 27 (46,583 Views)

Re: Welcoming Motorola

Thanks for your support !

While some of the changes have already gone into effect, we will be implementing more in the coming days and weeks and so I appreciate everyone's patience as the forum undergoes some changes.   We will work as quickly as possible, and in the end, I think we will have many new capabilities that will offer an improved experience for all.

Best regards,

Mark

Administrator
Message 3 of 27 (46,569 Views)

I wanted to compliment that which Mark has already explained with an update on one of the currently missing and one of the new added features;

Probably one the most noticeable and useful features currently conspicuous by its absence is the "new" posts column at community and board levels indicating which of the boards had received, and also how many, new posts since your last visit to the communities enabling you to click to the newest post in a discussion thread you are following. I would like to assure members that this is coming back, we just need a little more time to refine and then test it.

Members have quite often expressed dissatisfaction on how awkward it could be introducing images into posts; this has now been vastly improved over that which we have had to date.  We now have;

• Lightbox Viewer - when you click any thumbnail attachment or inline image, the image opens up in a theater-style lightbox which supports full screen display.
  • Image Hover - when viewing inline images clickable icons to enable specific actions. When editing an article also edit aspects of the image.
  • Attached Images as Thumbnails.
  • User Images stored in a browseable album - accessible through your profile.

Please do have a look around and let us know if you have any questions.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

WWAN
Message 4 of 27 (46,176 Views)

Thank you for everythiong so far. When will a mobile version or appliaction be available? Is this being worked on? 

BOB

Administrator
Message 5 of 27 (46,168 Views)

Hi Bob,

we currently have an adaptive version for mobile. A full responsive design for desktop, tablet and mobile is currently work in progress and we expect to be introducing this in the second half of March.

Andy

English Community Leader

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Deutsche Community Comunidad en Español English Community Русскоязычное Сообщество Communidade Portugues

Highlighted
Broadband 3G
Message 6 of 27 (45,331 Views)

It's going to take some time getting used to. Smiley Happy
Former Administrator
Message 7 of 27 (45,209 Views)

[ Edited ]

berzerker1,

Thanks for taking change in stride.  It is an adjustment for all of us!

The mobile adaptive version gave way to our new responsive release which rolled out overnight.  

The adaptive was a bit basic, albeit functional.  I will be very interested to see how the responsive design is received by customers using phones to access the forum.

Update:  The Responsive version is live today!

2016-03-23 13.49.47.jpg

Best regards,

Mark

Community Moderator
Message 8 of 27 (44,022 Views)

802.11n
Message 9 of 27 (43,853 Views)

The Motorola forum was simple easy to navigate. Why is the Lenovo forum a Navigation nightmare and is colorful like a Kindergarten?
What's DOS?
Message 10 of 27 (42,196 Views)

I cannot complete my system updates and I think my charges also damaged it takes 4 hours to  full charge  plzzz find me.a solution 

Top kudoed Authors