Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

IntroductionForum Housekeeping
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

01-20-2010

Las Vegas

28 Signins

431 Page Views

• Views: 431
  • Message 1 of 4

Why did you merge my problem into that big thread where it will get lost?

2010-02-06, 10:13 AM

Cant everyone have their own support thread? Why is my post merged with a general pile/dusted under the carpet?

Something needs to be done and then I'm sure most the threads from frustrated consumers will go away or move on to support discussions.

But filing us away under a huge thread of complaints does not exactly help.

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23526 Signins

803315 Page Views

• Views: 803315
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Why did you merge my problem into that big thread where it will get lost?

2010-02-06, 18:55 PM

Welcome to the forum!

While there are a few Lenovo employees in here helping out on a volunteer basis, this is not an official support channel with dedicated Lenovo support personnel assigned to it. Instead, this is designed to be a user-to-user support and discussion forum. You may or may not get an answer directly from one of the Lenovo employees as there are way more of us than them and all of them, even Mark, have full-time jobs doing other things.

We get this question a lot about why we merge threads.  The reason that we cluster similar questions, issues and discussions into single threads is to make it easier for Lenovo to detect patterns of problems and, in more technical-related discussions, for forum members with similar interests to find and help one another.

And while there's no guarantee that any one forum member will get individual support from Lenovo in the forum, it's more efficient  for Mark, Cleo and other Lenovo employees if they have a single thread to browse through rather than many threads about the same type issue.  More efficient = more time to gather information = more chance a solution will be provided.

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Options

29 Posts

02-17-2010

California

35 Signins

487 Page Views

• Views: 487
  • Message 3 of 4

2010-03-05, 20:08 PM

Hey guys,

Not to go poking any fires, but maybe the merging of threads could be handled a bit better. In some instances the merging causes a lot of confusion especially when non-related threads are merged.

I have no problem with every single thread about "Will this memory work in my s103-t?" being merged into a new thread called "s10-3t Memory Upgrades" but when it's merged into "s10-3t General System Specs" along with questions regarding drivers, OEM Apps, and which stylus will work it get's kind of hairy.

I can certainly appreciate the job being done by the voulenteers and this is not a shot against anyone. Just some polite feedback with regards to housekeeping.

Options

4169 Posts

11-20-2007

United States of America

23526 Signins

803315 Page Views

• Views: 803315
  • Message 4 of 4

2010-03-06, 2:43 AM

Thanks for the feedback!

keep-calm-it-s-a-thinkpad-sm2.jpg

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Jane
nonnymouselenovoff1.gif

2015 X1 Carbon, ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad Air 2, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet, Yoga 3 Pro
I AM one of those crazy ThinkPad zealots!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

I am not a Lenovo employee

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms