Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vonDre
Paper Tape
Views: 289
Message 11 of 22

Re: C530 Upgrade GPU Card

I agree about the blower style. Unfortunately the card I bought didn't have that style available at the time. 

To answer the noise question simply, not much. I have my PC on my desk next to the monitor and it makes noise sure, but not that loud. 

I ended up buying a small metal vent plate and retrofitted it to the side cover. I cut out a hole for it using a Dremel and screwed it in. This let's the card vent out of the side and really helped alot. Check it out

nevrozell
Fanfold Paper
Views: 287
Message 12 of 22

You went to great effort for this side vent! Maybe removing the top plastic is easier and more efficient? Just another option I guess.
vonDre
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 13 of 22

Well IMO removing the top is a very questionable idea because your exposing the PC to a non-stop onslaught of dust and debris. With the side vent my intake fans are running fast enough even with the gpu idle to push air out of the case and keep dust from being sucked in. 

To each their own, though 

TheMuffStuff
Token Ring
Views: 264
Message 14 of 22

Thats a really interesting design you did. Im surprised the sides of the case dont have some kind of mesh with holes, but I think that looks really good and probably helps alot with cooling. I was thinking more instead of removing the top plastic, since it actually looks really nice, just putting some type of spacer on the corners of the top panel to just allow like half an inch of a gap where the GPU could suck in some air.
JMikelGM
Paper Tape
Views: 249
Message 15 of 22

That’s a great idea! Where did u get that thing that you screwed on the side panel? That was the problem when I used the 2060 FE, temp increase. So I changed it to a blower style gpu. I upgraded the cpu cooler as well and added a high rpm fans. Cpu temp is around 60 max at full load and gpu max at 70. It’s really scary and punching holes on the case is my last option as unit is still under warranty.

vonDre
Paper Tape
Views: 230
Message 16 of 22

I got it off of Amazon, here's a link to it. 

AC Infinity Ventilation Grille,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075XGKYB3?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

samroberts95
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 17 of 22

Hey, everyone. I know this is not the place to post my question. But I have been looking for some answers, and I haven't found anything yet. I have a C530 with RX 570 but I want to upgrade it to RX 5700. The thing is that the PSU is only 435 W on mine. Do you guys think it would be fine without changing PSU to upgrade my GPU to a RX 5700?

Highlighted
nevrozell
Fanfold Paper
Views: 167
Message 18 of 22

You can try and play with this website, I did a quick config and it is under 400W, so you should be fine. I have a i5 9400F with a GTX 1080 and it works without problems.

https://outervision.com/power-supply-calculator
TheMuffStuff
Token Ring
Views: 157
Message 19 of 22

The 5700 requires a 8pin + 6 pin, our included PSU's only have one 8 pin. You would think the other 8 pin on the PSU line is for a PCIE, but its not. I have no idea what its for, its a CPU/EPS pin on the PCIE rail for some reason. Thats leaves us with 3 options.

Get the highest GPU you can get with our stock PSU, so an RTX 2060.

Upgrade your PSU so you can use any GPU

Buy a 2x Sata to 8Pin PCIE and hope it works. https://www.amazon.com/Power-Express-Video-Cable-Adapter/dp/B007Y8FSMQ
samroberts95
Paper Tape
Views: 138
Message 20 of 22

So, I wouldn't need to change my PSU if I were to get a RTX 2060? Can I use the 8-pin that's not connected to the gpu now as rx 570 only required the 6-pin?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors