Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

17 Posts

02-09-2019

Denmark

16 Signins

96 Page Views

• Views: 96
  • Message 11 of 17

Re: C730 fan control

2019-04-13, 7:46 AM

AntonRT, thank you for the input. It is a great solution to my immidiate problem.

And, I think i might have a different mindset about these things, i bought a pre-built system, to avoid these things. I've owned homebuilt systems for more than twenty years. Now I've gotten to a point where i just need someone (lenovo), to do the 'dirty work' for me.

I won't be spending my time fixing their issues, and I won't be recommending lenovos gaming systems to anyone.

Options

3 Posts

12-26-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 12 of 17

Re:C730 fan control

2020-12-26, 7:16 AM

Hi fellow c730 owners!  Ive owned this comp for a little over a year now and have been really happy with it but added a second monitor into the mix recently and am realizing that while it still performs great its now much noisier because of the fans.  Based on the other forums Ive looked through it looks like theres limited/no fan control beyond what you can do with msi afterburner for the GPU (I set that at a more aggressive curve of a 45 deg angle which has helped a fair amount.

I'm looking into swapping out the fans and stock cooler now for noctua fans and the Noctua NH-L12S so at least get a little better effect from them even though I cant control their output. Will definite use some of those silicon fan plugs too! Based on what I can tell form the manual it looks like the Front fans blow out and the back fan pulls in. Does that sound right? I would think a static pressure would work with this gpu card since it seems to be a blower but Im not 100% on that last part. That would explain the manuals diagram.

A coworker of mine mentioned adding an optical drive fan controller which obviously wont work on this case but I was wondering if anyone had considered this/knows of a separate fan controller solution.

Options

275 Posts

02-06-2017

United States of America

280 Signins

5895 Page Views

• Views: 5895
  • Message 13 of 17

2020-12-26, 16:43 PM

Hello NuovoCielo and welcome to the Lenovo community forum,

The rear case fan expels warm air out and the front fan pulls cool air in.

How to Manage Your PC’s Fans for Optimal Airflow and Cooling

Options

3 Posts

12-26-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 14 of 17

2020-12-27, 1:27 AM

@ EyeDeeNo wrote:

Hello NuovoCielo and welcome to the Lenovo community forum,

The rear case fan expels warm air out and the front fan pulls cool air in.

How to Manage Your PC’s Fans for Optimal Airflow and Cooling

Thanks for clarifying! That link has some super helpful info too so much appreciated!

I did a little further looking along the lines of a fan controller and found the Noctua NA-FC1, 4-Pin PWM Fan Controller. This thing hadnt been mentioned before so wanted to leave it here. Sadly I think you have to seal it up inside with this case but at least might provide SOME fan control

Options

34 Posts

02-25-2019

Russian Federation

34 Signins

459 Page Views

• Views: 459
  • Message 15 of 17

2020-12-27, 12:28 PM

Devices of the Noctua NA-FC1 type based on voltage regulation do not work, I tried using the following devices: https://aliexpress.ru/item/32884558900.html which work in the same way - by adding additional resistance, there was no understatement of the fan speed. No effect. Apparently the BIOS of the motherboard sees a decrease in speed and increases the voltage by compensating for the action of the resistor.

Don't waste your money on Noctua NA-FC1. 

Alternatively, use 3-pin fans or connect them to the power supply instead of to the motherboard.

Options

3 Posts

12-26-2020

United States of America

6 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 16 of 17

2020-12-27, 22:08 PM

@ AntonRT wrote:

Devices of the Noctua NA-FC1 type based on voltage regulation do not work, I tried using the following devices: https://aliexpress.ru/item/32884558900.html which work in the same way - by adding additional resistance, there was no understatement of the fan speed. No effect. Apparently the BIOS of the motherboard sees a decrease in speed and increases the voltage by compensating for the action of the resistor.

Don' waste your money on Noctua NA-FC1. 

Alternatively, use 3-pin fans or connect them to the power supply instead of to the motherboard.

Connecting to an adapter from the power supply was also something I wasnt aware of as a possibility. Thanks Anton! Will the fans have a default speed or is there a way to control their speed?

Options

34 Posts

02-25-2019

Russian Federation

34 Signins

459 Page Views

• Views: 459
  • Message 17 of 17

2020-12-28, 8:26 AM

Yes, the fans will have a certain constant speed, for 120mm this is usually around 1000 rpm.
I use fans for the case AKASA 120mm Apache black AK-FN058 they are very quiet, I also recommend the manufacturer BeQuiet. An important addition, when installing the fans, be sure to use rubber mounts, otherwise there will still be noise!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms