08-10-2020

GB

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Can I upgrade my i5-7400 to a i7?

2020-08-10, 23:02 PM

Hi, I have a Legion Y720T-34IKH Desktop (Lenovo) - Type 90H5 and was wondering if I could upgrade my i5-7400 to any of the i7 models as I have a RTX 2070 Super installed in this computer and I am not getting that many frames due to the huge bottleneck from the CPU.

EDIT: I DO ALSO KNOW THAT THE 450W PSU INSTALLED DOES NEED TO BE UPGRADED TO ATLEAST 550W TOO, IM GOING TO GET A 700W PSU AT CHRISTMAS.

Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3392 Signins

42000 Page Views

• Views: 42000
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Can I upgrade my i5-7400 to a i7?

2020-08-11, 16:30 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Your machine's motherboard uses the FCLGA1151 socket, and one option you can upgrade to is the i7-7700.  If you plan on upgrading your CPU and nothing else, you don't need to upgrade your PSU as well, but of course it wouldn't hurt. 

Hope that helps. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete