Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-03-2019

United States of America

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 1 of 2

Can i upgrade to an i7 intel CPU?

2019-04-03, 19:25 PM

OK so, im unsure where to look, and its a little difficult for me to find an answer that I CAN UNDERSTAND.

A little while ago, (maybe around 1 year now? I can't remember) i bought me my first ever gaming pc, and i love it! However, for playing other games i need a bit more CPU power. Im thinking i MIGHT upgrade from my i5-7400 to an i7 cpu. Now, my question is, does my motherboard support? Like, does it have the correct chipset? By going into msinfo32.exe it says (under system model) 90H7008SMW, and manufactorer is Lenovo (of course). If we look away from the socket, can i upgrade?

Thanks for your time.

Options

275 Posts

02-06-2017

United States of America

280 Signins

5895 Page Views

• Views: 5895
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: Can i upgrade to an i7 intel CPU?

2019-04-04, 22:18 PM

Greetings and welcome new Lenovo forum user,

Yes you can upgrade to a Intel i7-7700 without issues. Everything such as chipset and other drivers should not know anything has changed. 7400 and 7700 are more or less the same thing only internally somewhat different.

Edit: "OK so, im unsure where to look, and its a little difficult for me to find an answer that I CAN UNDERSTAND."

Lenovo Legion Y520 Tower Platform Specifications Product

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms