Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeaTea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,146
Message 1 of 3

Connecting my PC: HDMI to TV connection - No signal

Hello, 

Unfortunatly, although both of my TVs recognize that the HDMI cable is connected, they do not receive any signal from Lenovo IdeaCentre Y700-34ISH. I was setting up my LG LG 55UF950V for watching movies and my Samsung TV for other activities like browsing but only DisplayPort works. I appreciate any suggestion. 

I have already tried "NVIDIA setting up multiple displays", "force detection",... and I've read somewhere that the hdmi port uses intel graphics and is not connected to the graphic card. I don't know the details so I hope I can fix this somehow. 

Thank you

GeaTea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,155
Message 2 of 3

Re: Connecting my PC: HDMI to TV connection - No signal

I have now solved the problem by following these steps: 

1. Restarting the PC and loading into BIOS.

2. Enabling Multiple Display option under Video. 
3. Opening Device Manager and under Display Adapters (or unnamed video device) select the unnamed device and update. Windows installs the drivers and adds Intel HD graphics to the Display Adapters.

4. Although step 3 is enough to enable the second display and your HDMI port, use Lenovo System Update app to scan and install additional updates/drivers. Restrat your PC.

I hope this post helps someone someday. My thanks to this great community and the admins. 

Best,

G.T.

Highlighted
leonardossev
What's DOS?
Views: 723
Message 3 of 3

Re: Connecting my PC: HDMI to TV connection - No signal

I updated my BIOS with Lenovo System Update and it worked!!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors