Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

9 Posts

02-19-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 7

How do you fix WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR in Windows 10

2021-03-04, 23:48 PM

Is there any BIOS settings that can be changed? or is it just in Windows? What are the procedures in Windows 10?

Options

2656 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

551 Signins

21774 Page Views

• Views: 21774
  • Message 2 of 7

Re:How do you fix WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR in Windows 10

2021-03-05, 10:21 AM

Hello @Redevil066,

Thanks for reaching out.

WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERRORS typically point to bad CPU or GPU components or drivers.

Have you tried updating the drivers of the machine?

Could you also post the MTM or model of the machine so other members can join in the discussion.

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

9 Posts

02-19-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2021-03-05, 19:48 PM

Hi,

The attached PDF file shows my computer's complete identification.

I've added a lot of both internal and external storage to my computer, plus using both the PCIe slots with more USB 3.0 ports

and M2 slots for Sata and M2 PCIe 3.O X 4 storage.

One thing that I did which probably most people wouldn't do was add slower memory (2133), 16GBs worth to the 16 GBs of faster (2933) memory 

that came from Lenovo.   I knew that this was going to slow down the computer, but I didn't care since I already had the  slower memory and didn't have to pay 

for more memory to get to 32 GBs.

You'll see that the Lenovo 2933 was on one channel - slots 0 and 2 and the other memory slower 2133 I added is on the other channel 1 and 3.

I did lots of hardware tests on the memory with Lenovo diagnostics and all the memory checked out fine, so I knew the memory was good.

After researching YouTube videos for fix to the BSOOD I learned that taking off any overclocking was one way to fix it.

I just didn't know where to do that in the Lenovo bios.

Luckily I did find it and turned it off.

Once turned off I was able to do a complete hardware scan and that file is attached.

I think I've got it fixed now. 

Question for you.  Should I change the way these two channels are installed?

Should I mix the memory in the channel so each channel has one 2933 and one 2133 memory stick of 8 GBs?

Would doing that allow me to turn back the overclocking?

I think the 2133 speed just can't be overclocked.

Or just leave it alone?

I think the way I changed it would allow me later on to just have to pop out the slower memory and insert faster 2933 memory, leaving the Lenovo (Samsung 2933) memory alone.

That would allow me to turn back the overclocking.

As for drivers, I'm update from Lenovo on all the drivers, but I could try updating the RTX 2060 drivers but I don't think that's an issue.

Will Lenovo be posting any updating bios, that would allow for more control?

Thanks

Carl Savillo Jr

MOD: Image containing computer's serial number removed as it's a privacy risk on a public forum. MTM is 90NC00JJUS - Doc

Options

9 Posts

02-19-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2021-03-05, 22:05 PM

Thanks, I wondered about that after I sent it to you. Do what you need to do. All my information is there for you alone. If you have time to repost you can post what you think is needed for everyone to know. The main concept was turning off overclocking,  which you do in the bios setup. It's automatically set for overclocking so most wouldn't touch it. But if you are running into BSOD then it's an easy fix. All the other fixes I found are corrupted windows 10 or drivers. I'm pretty sure all my hardware is good as is Windows 10 and drivers. This turning off overclocking fixed it. 

Thanks
Options

9 Posts

02-19-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2021-03-09, 23:39 PM

New Update 3/9/2021.

While I don't get the BSOD while working with the computer doing things such as using email and other programs I still can get the BSOB when booting up.  It usually depends on how fast I try to get on after I put in my password.  If I let it load all the drivers, find my external hard drives, etc., I may not get the BSOD.  Even if I get it, I power down and start again with the boot up progress, letting it slowly come up to full use after a few minutes.  Then I'm good to go and no more BSOD's.  There's a process I have found on YouTube that will tell you exactly what's causing the BSOD.  I haven't had the time to do it yet but I'm sure it's probably some driver that needs to be updated.  Since after the second boot up there's no problems with the BSOD, I just leave the computer on and don't bother turning it off and restarting when I use the computer the next day.  I will find out eventually what's happening when I have time, so maybe I don't have to turn off the overclocking as I now have it.  It's plenty fast the way it is without overclocking so I'm not in a hurry to find out what's really happening.  It could be Windows itself that's the problem and there's a new update that I want to try.  Maybe it will fix my problems.   We'll see.  It just seems there's just too many variables' that causes the BSOD and it's going to take time to sort them out that I don't have now.  I'm pretty sure all the hardware is good as most of it is brand new and the Lenovo diagnostics didn't find any bad hardware.    

Options

2656 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

551 Signins

21774 Page Views

• Views: 21774
  • Message 6 of 7

2021-03-10, 15:14 PM

Hello @Redevil066,

Thanks for the update.

If the BSOD persists you might want to try resetting the OS of the machine to factory default if you haven't already done that.

This can be done by searching for reset this PC in the start menu then following this quick guide: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/videos/vid100785-how-to-reset-your-pc-in-windows-10

Regards,

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

9 Posts

02-19-2021

United States of America

8 Signins

30 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2021-03-10, 23:39 PM

Thanks, I haven't done that yet but it's something I will try.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms