Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatCool45
Paper Tape
Views: 339
Message 1 of 5

I feel ripped off.

I bought a Leigion C530 from ao.com in January for  about £650. It was advertised as have an Nvidia GTX 1050. I had been having trouble for the past couple of months where the monitor would only work if I plugged it into the motherboard but not the graphics card. Upon checking the Vantage app today I find I actually have a Intel UHD Graphics 630 card rather than a GTX 1050. The product has since been removed from the website. Any ideas what I can do then please let me know.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 291
Message 2 of 5

Re: I feel ripped off.

@CatCool45 wrote:

I had been having trouble for the past couple of months where the monitor would only work if I plugged it into the motherboard but not the graphics card. Upon checking the Vantage app today I find I actually have a Intel UHD Graphics 630 card rather than a GTX 1050.

The  UHD 630 graphics processor is part of the Intel processor, and connects to the motherboard video ports - it doesn't come in a separate plug-in card.  If you also have video ports on a graphics card, that is probably the GTX 1050.  One way to check, is to open the cover, and compare to the review below: 

Lenovo Legion C530 Cube (i5-8300, GTX 1050 Ti) Mini PC Review

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 276
Message 3 of 5

@CatCool45 wrote:

I had been having trouble for the past couple of months where the monitor would only work if I plugged it into the motherboard but not the graphics card.

Did you update to Windows 10 1903?  Because we seeing significant compatibility issues with 1903 over on my usual ThinkCentre forum. 

I do not work for Lenovo. I do not respond to Private Messages for help, your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where the information exchange may help others. If I helped you, click the 'Kudos' button, if solved, the 'Accept as Solution'.
Highlighted
CatCool45
Paper Tape
Views: 235
Message 4 of 5

I haven't updated and won't do now i've seen that.

CatCool45
Paper Tape
Views: 145
Message 5 of 5

I have managed to fix the issue by reseating my graphics card.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors