03-20-2016

USA

5 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 1 of 5

IdeaCentre Y900 34ISZ Can't overclock!

2016-03-20, 13:49 PM

This desktop comes with a K-Series processor which should be able to overclock. Even Lenovo has a OneKey Overclock software for this purpose that allows turbo boost mode. I have tried to overclock using the software from Lenovo, Intel AND going into the BIOS, it won't let me. The error I keep receiving is

Onekey Overclock - "The CPU you are using does not support overclocking, please contact your supplier for more details."

Intel Extreme Tuning Utility - "This platform does not support overclocking. For best Overclocking performance, please check Intel K- and X-series Processors."

Bios - No error but does not let me change anything manually when I switch it to manual.

I have all the latest drivers.

Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3392 Signins

42000 Page Views

• Views: 42000
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: IdeaCentre Y900 34ISZ Can't overclock!

2016-03-25, 1:23 AM

What's the machine number for your PC? Also, maybe trying to reset it might help. 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

4 Posts

07-06-2016

AU

13 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 3 of 5

2016-07-30, 3:15 AM

Hey "Traqic" i am having the exact same problem as u i purchased the top of the line unit with the 6700k thinking i just got my dream computer, saved up bought a cooler for it and had a look in the bios and there is no way u can overclock it from there so did some research and found the onekey overclock program and i get the same error the cpu you are using does not support overclocking haha. i have been escaleted to Level 2 technical support and they have no clue why it does not work and im up to the 7th phone call to them after 4 weeks of waiting im ready to take it back and request a full refund. Its obviously a either **bleep** program that never got pre tested before release or its the **bleep** no name motherboard. wouldnt u think a gaming rig would have a gaming motherboard to overclock, one does not buy a k series chip to not overclock like come on lenovo

Options

3 Posts

03-20-2016

USA

5 Signins

33 Page Views

• Views: 33
  • Message 4 of 5

2016-07-30, 11:08 AM

If it was the program then the Intel Utility should work. I think they screwed up at the hardware components level. A shame really considering they are trying to break into the gaming industry full force now.

I had a horrible experience with 2 Y-series gaming laptops when I use them for work and lost so much productivity time. However, this device is just too **bleep** expensive not to get everything I'm supposed to. I think I will escalate this issue myself and demand that they do something about it.

PS Technical support never has a clue. They tried to make me purchase soffware support time when I know it isn't a software support issue. I work in IT and know more than their "support" team that does nothing but make you reset your computer and other small gimmicks

Options

4 Posts

07-06-2016

AU

13 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 5 of 5

2016-07-31, 4:37 AM

Yes u are correct most of the options in IXTU are dulled out and u cant use them due to the motherboard or bios. Playing around with the limited options in the bios i have now finally got a clock speed of 44x to 45x so up to 4500Mhz,but,but at idle speeds so not under any load and then once i load it up it drops to 4.09ghz which has throttled down, its all back to front it should throttle down when not in use not go slower when u really need it.I hope Lenovo is reading this right now cos they can either give me a refund or send me a mobo that i can actually overclock with like the advertising claims.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete