06-18-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 1 of 2

Issues with crashing on Lenovo Y710

2020-06-18, 15:50 PM

Hello all this will be quite a long read as I have been trying out hotfixes all night and made no progress.

The Issue:

I can no longer play any video games on my PC. About 2 days ago I had what seemed like a random shutdown of the device and it turned back on. I have had issues ever since. I am even connected to a surge protector. I can still do homework and stream videos just fine. And have a multitude of tabs open, but I am unable to play anything with a semi high graphics ceiling. I get perfectly fine fps and the game runs very smooth. But usually about 10 minutes in the game will freeze and about 95% of the time it will crash. I have checked over event viewer and I will give some example logs of it later.

The Device:

I have a Lenovo Thinkcube Y710. I upgraded it about 2 months ago. I changed out the singular 8gb ram stick in their for 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM. These ram sticks have worked perfectly since. I also added in a second drive, this was a Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD. Both have run smoothly after I used Macrium Reflect to move my operating system over. I am now booting and using the SSD full time. I just left the HDD inside the machine. Other wise my specs are as follows.

• Processor:   Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz 4 Cores
  • Video Card:   Radeon RX480 @ 8192MB GDDR5 2000MHz
  • Memory:   2x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM
  • Storage:   Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD
  • PSU:   Y710 450W ES PSU
  • Board:   00XK062 for MB FRU WIN DPK

I use a wired connection via a powerline device. It also has a wireless card installed but I do not use it as of recently. My monitor is a 144Hz 1080p HP monitor. I do run my PC at 144Hz at all times because it makes things much nicer.

Fixes I have tried:

1. Checking ram using Lenovo Diagnostics tool and Window 10s built in ram evaluation software. It brought no issues up with the ram.
  2. I checked the video card, PSI, processor, storage, motherboard, and display interface using Lenovo Diagnostics tool. Everything was still in the clear.
  3. I installed the latest video drivers. I also retried and uninstalled the current drivers and replaced them again and no changes came about.
  4. I did the most recent windows update yesterday to Windows 10 edition 2004. That brought no fixes even with the driver updates that came along with it.
  5. I tested my video card under high stress to test if overheating was a possible issue. After high stress was applied for 10 minutes, my temps barely even got above 70c. Leading me to believe that cooling is not a possible throttle or issue.
  6. I've run windows defender and I've also been very cautious and really only use Steam and YouTube. So malware and viruses are completely out of the question.
  7. I ran sfc /scannow and the first time I ran it it did fix a corrupted file or two, but I've run it 3 times since and have no problems with it.
  8. I ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth. Then I ran DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth. Both of those seemed to find no issues and didn't resolve anything.
  9. I also opened up my case and cleaned it out about a month ago so the fans don't have any dust or anything of the sort involved.
  10. I tried reinstalling the BIOS and checking to make sure overclocks were off, and they were.

My next step would to possibly reinstall windows. But with a limited internet data cap every month I would not enjoy having to reinstall my games.

Games that have crashed for me:

• Dota 2:   Crashes at about the 5 minute mark of gaming.
  • Smite:    Freezes up at around the 10-15 minute mark of playing. Does not ever crash, but it freezes my screen for about 20 seconds and sends me to the main menu. There is no evidence of me even playing a game of smite and it does not allow me to rejoin the game.
  • Dark Souls 2:   Crashes after about 15 minutes of gameplay. Freezes like the rest and then closes the program.
  • Paladins:   Freezes in the same style as Smite, sometimes goes back to the main menu or sometimes crashes entirely.

I haven't tried any other games as of last night. I'm not sure if it would crash on less demanding games such as Minecraft or Terraria. I'd have to go in with further testing to find out.

Dark Souls 2 error log:

Faulting application name: DarkSoulsII.exe, version: 1.0.2.0, time stamp: 0x5534dc16

Faulting module name: atidxx64.dll, version: 27.20.1017.1011, time stamp: 0x5ecc0c78

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x00000000008fb02e

Faulting process id: 0x2668

Faulting application start time: 0x01d6458664fc179f

Faulting application path: C:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonDark Souls II Scholar of the First SinGameDarkSoulsII.exe

Faulting module path: C:WindowsSystem32DriverStoreFileRepository͖013.inf_amd64_61ba7b1fb4cf4aecB355483atidxx64.dll

Report Id: 92ce329f-8d21-4249-b3d0-1d75677dc188

Faulting package full name:  

Faulting package-relative application ID: 

I get about 10 of these with various numbers up before the usual crash:

svchost (4268,D,12) SRUJet: The database format feature version 9080 (0x2378) could not be used due to the current database format 1568.20.0, controlled by the parameter 0x410022D8 (8920 | JET_efvAllowHigherPersistedFormat).

If you could provide any information on this. I'd like to know if it is a hardware issue and not software. Because if I fully wiped my computer and it still persisted, I'd lose a lot of my education applications and I also still wouldn't be able to game.

PS: I still have this odd feeling in my gut that it still may be the ram even after testing it twice. For some reason I think something happened to a ram slot. But give me your thoughts and opinions below. Thank you kindly for reading.

Solved! See the solution
Options

724 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

78 Signins

4408 Page Views

• Views: 4408
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Issues with crashing on Lenovo Y710

2020-06-19, 13:50 PM

Hi,

Thank you for the long and precise post, i would as a first guess, try the old memory, in both slots and see if you still get the same issue.

If however this does not solve anything, my next step would be a complete reinstall, since you have already tried those other steps i would have done.

But here is an important thing, when reinstalling, please disable Windows driver update:

1. Right click the Start button and select Control Panel.
  2. Make your way to System and Security.
  3. Click System.
  4. Click Advanced system settings from the left sidebar.
  5. Select the Hardware tab.
  6. Press the Device Installation Settings button.
  7. Choose No, and then press the Save Changes button.

Then install the drivers from pcsupport.lenovo.com, only use those, do not use any directly from anywhere else.

then update windows, install your games and try out.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete