Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 1 of 17

Legion 7i Tower (34IMZ5) RGB Lighting Resets to Default After Every Restart

2021-01-17, 18:31 PM

Hi there,

Just purchased a Legion 7i Tower (Part Number: 90Q8000HUS) with the Liquid Cooling option and after every computer restart (not shutdown, that works as intended) the lighting profiles within Lenovo Vantage reset to their default values every time. This is particularly frustrating because when starting the computer in a dark room the internal ambient lighting is set to "breathe" which is actually a very rapid strobing effect and flashes every corner of my office. This is going to cause someone who is sensitive to them to have a seizure. I have tried using all sorts of 3rd Party apps to control this; however, the only way to control them is using Vantage due to their proprietary nature. Please add a way for the lighting profiles to be saved when restarting the computer, I shouldn't have to hesitate to restart my $2,600 machine.

Additionally, the CPU AIO Liquid Cooler's fan / fan curve is not accessible in the bios, Vantage, or any apps. This wouldn't be a problem; however, the fan curve needs to be adjusted so that the coolers and fans are running at 100% when the CPU temperature reaches 80C (preferably 70C), not 90C, regardless of if it is a 10900k or not. There is no reason to have a liquid cooler that only kicks on at max temperatures. When gaming, it should always be running in order to extend the chip's longevity.

tl;dr

1. Vantage Lighting Profiles reset to default after every restart

2. Enable BIOS/Vantage control of the AIO Cooler and Fans and/or adjust the curves respectively to kick on well before 80C

Besides these two major drawbacks, I am enjoying the machine immensely. I wish that I could remove the stickers on the individual parts without voiding their warranty, though because they are somewhat of an eyesore on the front fans specifically.

Answer
Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

125 Page Views

Re:Legion 7i Tower (34IMZ5) RGB Lighting Resets to Default After Every Restart

2021-02-08, 18:59 PM

Hey there,

I'm the OP of this thread, after reading the reviews I have realized I didn't "step-by-step" explain this issue, as I thought I could have been the only one. Nothing else in vantage will change, no settings or information will be changed.

Hopefully the people in the reviews can see this too, since it's such an easy fix that only takes five or so seconds. Also, the source of this information and .dll file is from the Lenovo Vantage lead developer himself, he had stated that an upcoming patch will permanently resolve this issue. But, if you're like me, these are the steps to fix it super quick. 

Step 1: Download and unzip that file that Miguel posted which I uploaded to him directly from the lead developer who placed it on my computer in a Team Viewer Session. Place it in your desktop folder temporarily.

Step 2: If it was renamed it needs to be named (case sensitive) "LedDtSettingsModule.dll"

Step 3: Go to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoGamingSystemPlugin\x64" and look for the file named the exact same, be sure that it is the file "LedDtSettingsModule.dll" as there are a few with similar names. Left click on this file once, then right click on this file, click "rename" and rename it to "LedDtSettingsModule2.dll" (add a 2 at the end of the file name, before the extension)

Step 4: Using the drag and drop method to prevent any mistaken transfers, open another File Explorer window and drag the new .dll file from your desktop folder to the "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoGamingSystemPlugin\x64" folder. You will now see both of the files there.

Step 5: Enjoy now being able to save your lighting profile settings.

Hope this helps everyone now and in the future until this is patched.

Replies(16)
Options

4977 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

699 Signins

31450 Page Views

• Views: 31450
  • Message 2 of 17

2021-01-18, 17:27 PM

Hello @MattHoeh,

Thanks for reaching out.

I would suggest reinstalling the Vantage app if you haven't tried that already.

You can download the vantage app using the Microsoft store after you uninstall it.

Please let me know if this helps you.

Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 3 of 17

2021-01-18, 17:34 PM

Yes, of course I have already tried to reinstall it.

Options

11213 Posts

08-17-2015

Slovakia

26893 Signins

589747 Page Views

• Views: 589747
  • Message 4 of 17

2021-01-19, 11:03 AM

Hello MattHoeh,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with the lightning on your new machine. Could you please kindly use the following tool to collect logs and provide them to us in this discussion? I would then forward them internally to have the logs examined.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

EN : Welcome to the Community! Have you already participated in the forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

DE : Willkommen in der Community! Hatten Sie bereits an der Foren Umfrage teilgenommen? Wir benötigen die folgenden Informationen. Wir hören zu und lesen Ihre Kommentare gerne!

CZ/SK : Vítejte v Komunitě! Už jste se zúčastnili našeho průzkumu fóra? Potřebujeme následující informace. S radostí posloucháme a čteme vaše komentáře!
_
Communities: English Deutsch Español Portugues Русскоязычное Česká Slovenská Українська Moto English
_

Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 5 of 17

2021-01-21, 4:33 AM

Hey there.

Just got done with a Team Viewer session with one of the Lenovo App developers. He replaced an outdated .dll file. He said that he will patch this issue on Lenovo's end during one of the upcoming updates. If anyone else has this issue, I've attached the file that needs to be replaced in "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoGamingSystemPlugin\x64"

Thanks for everyone's help with this.

Options

5502 Posts

04-19-2012

Slovakia

8032 Signins

306259 Page Views

• Views: 306259
  • Message 6 of 17

2021-01-21, 9:31 AM

Hi Everyone,

In order to fix this issue until the patch is released, it is necessary to manually install the .exe file I am attaching to this post.

Please note that this is a temporary solution and it has not been approved for an official release, so install at your own discretion.

Happy RGB Gaming!

Miguel Gonzalez

Lenovo Consumer Product Technical Trainer
Lenovo Slovakia

Options

5 Posts

01-21-2021

Netherlands

25 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 7 of 17

2021-01-21, 11:33 AM

Hi, I also own a 34imz5 tower with I9 and argb, but I cannot find any settings or tabs in Vantage to control rgb lighting. It is only possible in the bios, which by the way does keep the settings. I have installed the patch, but still cannot find rgb-lighting settings in vantage.  Any suggestions?

Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 8 of 17

2021-01-21, 16:40 PM
Under the software downloads section, there's a download for the Gaming Features for Vantage, you'll have to download that. If that doesn't work immediately, uninstall and then reinstall Vantage and it should be there.
Options

5 Posts

01-21-2021

Netherlands

25 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 9 of 17

2021-01-22, 9:03 AM

Thank you, I already tried that various times. Gamefeature driver is installed, and the patch posted above after that. Then re-installed vantage again. But in the vantage app I can only choose 'dashboard', a combination of systeminfo and advertisement (sic), then I can choose 'device' which shows hardware status and software status and I can choose device settings which shows, energy settings, audio and display/camera but in none of these tabs I can find lighting settings... so where are these settings supposed to show up? It is not a big deal, just a pity that this software is kind of bloated and there are no alternatives.

Options

5502 Posts

04-19-2012

Slovakia

8032 Signins

306259 Page Views

• Views: 306259
  • Message 10 of 17

2021-01-24, 19:46 PM

Hi @PaulRotterdam,

Would you please run the tool @Juraj_Lenovo mentions HERE.

The once you have the capture please send me a PM and I'll give you my email to send it.

Please make sure you close all programs and you let the tool finish recording, also be mindful that it will record your screen.

Miguel Gonzalez

Lenovo Consumer Product Technical Trainer
Lenovo Slovakia

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)