Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

5 Posts

01-21-2021

Netherlands

25 Signins

125 Page Views

• Views: 125
  • Message 11 of 17

Re:Legion 7i Tower (34IMZ5) RGB Lighting Resets to Default After Every Restart

2021-01-26, 6:18 AM
@Miguel_Lenovo: I have sent you a pm, I have the logs
Options

3 Posts

02-08-2021

Belgium

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 12 of 17

2021-02-08, 13:52 PM

Hello Miguel,

I'm the recent owner of a brand new Legion T7 34IMZ5 and have the same issue as initial poster: my leds get "reset" per default upon every boot. I can manually adjust them every time via the vantage software but ideally would like to have it fixed. I have the version Lenovo Vantage 10.2006.30.0 installed (the one that came with my tower).

My Tower:

• Product Number: 90Q8003HMH
  • Bios: O4LKT18A

My question: can I use that GamingPluginLighting.zip also for my "problem" without messing up anything else ?

Thank you !

PG Pecquereau

Answer
Options

7 Posts

01-17-2021

United States of America

6 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 13 of 17

2021-02-08, 18:59 PM

Hey there,

I'm the OP of this thread, after reading the reviews I have realized I didn't "step-by-step" explain this issue, as I thought I could have been the only one. Nothing else in vantage will change, no settings or information will be changed.

Hopefully the people in the reviews can see this too, since it's such an easy fix that only takes five or so seconds. Also, the source of this information and .dll file is from the Lenovo Vantage lead developer himself, he had stated that an upcoming patch will permanently resolve this issue. But, if you're like me, these are the steps to fix it super quick. 

Step 1: Download and unzip that file that Miguel posted which I uploaded to him directly from the lead developer who placed it on my computer in a Team Viewer Session. Place it in your desktop folder temporarily.

Step 2: If it was renamed it needs to be named (case sensitive) "LedDtSettingsModule.dll"

Step 3: Go to "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoGamingSystemPlugin\x64" and look for the file named the exact same, be sure that it is the file "LedDtSettingsModule.dll" as there are a few with similar names. Left click on this file once, then right click on this file, click "rename" and rename it to "LedDtSettingsModule2.dll" (add a 2 at the end of the file name, before the extension)

Step 4: Using the drag and drop method to prevent any mistaken transfers, open another File Explorer window and drag the new .dll file from your desktop folder to the "C:\ProgramData\Lenovo\ImController\Plugins\LenovoGamingSystemPlugin\x64" folder. You will now see both of the files there.

Step 5: Enjoy now being able to save your lighting profile settings.

Hope this helps everyone now and in the future until this is patched.

2 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

02-08-2021

Belgium

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 14 of 17

2021-02-09, 7:59 AM

Thank you for the step by step above !

I took my changes and actually executed the .exe file provided. Launching Lenovo Vantage it gave first a message that the software "services" were getting updated. Once done, everything worked in the interface per usual (there are are few seconds delay between clicking on the settings and seeing it "live" on the tower). I still need to reboot and check if it sticks (will edit my post later).

Options

5 Posts

01-21-2021

Netherlands

25 Signins

125 Page Views

• Message 15 of 17

2021-02-09, 15:04 PM

Well, I never got a reaction from Miguel Lenovo after I ran the log program as he suggested. But it seems I cannot correctly install the game feature plugin. The installer runs and does not give error messages, but I cannot see the game feature plugin in my lenovo/plugin programdata folder which is mentioned above. So I still don't have any lighting options in vantage.

Options

3 Posts

02-08-2021

Belgium

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Message 16 of 17

2021-02-10, 9:43 AM

I couldn't edit my message above, but to confirm; the .exe provided in previous post works fine for me - it's now correctly taking up my settings after a reboot. It takes a few (10-20 sec) to register my color/profile changes in the lenovo vantage interface but once it's "saved" it actually works fine !

Options

84 Posts

02-26-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

132 Signins

430 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 430
  • Message 17 of 17

2021-02-27, 8:10 AM

Hi there

Thank you for providing the link to the lighting fix. I didn't need to rename the file merely run the exe. All fixed now and running like a dream 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms