US

5 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 1 of 3

Legion T530-28APR failing to boot

2020-06-15, 15:10 PM

Howdy, 

Two months out of warranty and my gaming machine no longer boots.  At power up the LEDs blink,  the fans start up, the 4k monitor wakes-up and then reports no signal and goes back to sleep, no beeps, the Lenovo logo does not appear on the monitor.  Have replaced the on-board SSD, have replaced the mother board, Have tried a different monitor and different video cards. The symptom  is the same. Have removed  the memory and during POST get the beeps  informing me of no memory,  so I suspect EUFI is working, and the LEDs and fans start up.

At this point I am suspecting the power supply, specifically the power to the video card, but how to verify if this is the problem? 

Any guidance, or hints, would be greatly appreciated. 

Peter

Options

5 Posts

07-18-2018

US

5 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Legion T530-28APR failing to boot

2020-08-29, 17:30 PM

The good news is that the machine is up and running. The bad news we are not sure what happened. Best guess from several folks is that during a BIOS update the power was dropped. I do not know the exact procedure used to recover to box, as it was done by an IT person at a private company who supports Lenovo computers. 

Stay safe.

Peter      

Options

18 Posts

05-31-2020

CA

27 Signins

215 Page Views

• Views: 215
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Legion T530-28APR failing to boot

2020-09-01, 2:21 AM

Interesting. This sounds similar to what my machine was doing. I came to find that there were registry errors preventing my machine from booting properly, along with out-of-date group policies and superseded components that needed to be cleaned up. My pc is new, too. I literally had nothing on it, aside from an antivirus program and Windows updates / Lenovo updates. Glad your issues were solved! 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete