Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ishihara42
Paper Tape
Views: 398
Message 1 of 4

Legion T530 Display Device Failure while gaming - new purchase

Hi everyone...

System basics:  AMD Ryzen5 2400G/GeForce GTX 1060 (6GB)/Samsung CF39* series monitor

I've unboxed and set up my new computer, performed a series of updates/restarts (Windows/Settings and Lenovo Vantage) to bring everything up to date and then tried to play a few games, when I encountered one of two errors - Display Device Failure. I rebooted, tried it again, same thing - the game would load, run a few turns and then fail. I also began to get a second error, the Windows Blue Screen of Death. I then began to troubleshoot, removing the antivirus I had installed (AVG), updating again via Windows and Vantage, removing the GPU driver and performing a clean install, making sure my monitor (Samsung CF39* series) was plugged into the GPU HDMI port... essentially everything except opening the case to verify that the power supply was adequate for the GPU build (but I trust that you would not sell a system with that obvious of a shortcoming).

After performing these tasks, I found that the games would do one of a few things - crash pretty quickly upon trying to load, run for a short period of time (<30 minutes, several turns of gaming) or run fine until I saved and exited. The games involved, if that helps, are Civilization 6 and BattleTech.

I have posted in the forums for the GPU, the games... and am now submitting this request for guidance because frankly I'm puzzled.  I've run the diagnostics, no hardware comes up as damaged.  I've run game diagnostics and the system shows more than capable.  I've played with graphics quality, animations...  everything I can think of to make it function and can't seem to hit on anything.  The computer seems to function fine with everything else (I'm watching mlb.com as I type this) - advice?  suggestions?

I should add that I've been trying to submit an eTicket for over an hour now, but every time I hit submit it just spins and spins and spins and spins and never submits...     Smiley Indifferent

ishihara42
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 2 of 4

Re: Legion T530 Display Device Failure while gaming - new purchase

and a bump in case anyone has any ideas...   because it's frustrating as heck to basically have a brand new paperweight...     Smiley Mad

Cspence356
Fanfold Paper
Views: 236
Message 3 of 4

Gonna have to give this a bump as well, same specs and bought in the same time frame, have been dealing with this issue for about a month and a half now, I received the system first on August 8th.

Ended up isolating what seemed to be the issue in event manager as an nvldmmkm has stopped responding error, but after a month and a half of trying to fix it myself every day it just seems like it doesnt want to work, so a few things to note:

-Conventional methods of fixing this error don't seem to work, after putting about 50-60 hours into it I have yet to come across a solution that even mitigates the problem.

-On-board AMD graphics which I believe are supposed to be on the Ryzen 5 2400g don't seem to be working at all, they aren't showing up in the device manager, and disabling the Nvidia gpu sets the graphics to the default Microsoft Basic Display Driver.

-Went through the online support system and tried to get help, ended up getting nothing but "Just get a replacement"

-Replaced the whole system and the second one that came had the exact same issues, which I've been using since the 28th, chances are it's not isolated to just a handful of pc's, the entire model might be scuffed as it comes at the moment.

I've been monitoring this post for the last month hoping that there would be some sort of response from support but sadly it's been up so long and nobody has even attempted to help troubleshoot this issue, hopefully there's some sort of response soon, because any actual help on this would be greatly appreciated, like OP basically said, I didn't pay to get a brick.

If anyone else is having the problem feel free to post, as much as I'd rather others not have the issue, support likely wont do anything unless there's enough attention to it, as I said this post has been up for a month without any response.

ishihara42
Paper Tape
Views: 135
Message 4 of 4

Nice, in a way, to know I'm not alone.  I've been trying to troubleshoot, change parameters, update/revert to older drivers...    all to mostly frustrating ends.  Suggestions from game forums/developers haven't worked, the graphics care forums haven't helped...     it's just...  frustrating...    

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors