06-14-2019

US

3 Signins

37 Page Views

• Views: 37
  • Message 1 of 2

Legion T730 LOW CPU FAN SPEED

2020-05-08, 16:56 PM

Having issues with CPU fan running lower than I would like. Is there anyway to control fan speed on the T730? For the GPU, I use msi afterburner, so no issues there. The biggest problem I'm encountering is when I'm at idle it runs under 1000 rpm (I don't mind the noise) but when I launch up games, the RPM of the CPU fan doesn't increase until my CPU temp is like 70-90 degrees C... which is very alarming. I just want to be able to maintain 60 again when I game. Everything was fine before, I don't know what happened. I've tried wiping my computer, I've "reset" my bios to default, even though my bios was already at default (This fixed the issue of having very high temps on idle, now the issue only exists when I'm playing a game). I CPU fans would increase to 5000-6000 rpm for 2 seconds then back to idle and lets the CPU overheat again before repeating that.. PLEASE HELP 

Options

3 Posts

01-08-2020

LB

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Legion T730 LOW CPU FAN SPEED

2020-05-18, 21:06 PM

sadly there is no way because Lenovo wasn't very kind enough to allow us to control case fan speeds through the motherboard.
you are going to have to get a divider that controls fan speeds and ur gonna have to reduce/increase by hand.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete