Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tomm2998
Paper Tape
Views: 3,479
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO Y910-27ISH Random Black Screen

Since I purchased this AIO I have had an issue with the screen going blank/black at random times from the first day. It came installed with windows 10 home, it was not updated to windows 10. At Idle it has done it also, but most of the time it is during game play, surfing the internet, watching videos.  The screen will go black for about 5 seconds and come back on.  Sometimes it will do it 2 or 3 times in a row one after another.  I have tried everything, disconnecting all usb, printers etc.  I have uninstalled all programs and also did a complete reset of the machine and it still happens. I also thought it was a heat issue and monitored the fans and temps, not overheating. I updated all the drivers and windows updates nothing works. I am not sure if its a windows 10 problem or a hardware problem.  below is the specs:

i7 6700

gtx1080

256 ssd

2tb hd

27 inch LED panel

windows 10 home

Has anyone experienced this or have a fix. 

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,406
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo IdeaCentre AIO Y910-27ISH Random Black Screen

How is you monitor connected to the computer (e.g HDMI etc.)?

Are you using the lenovo provided drivers for your GTX 1080, or one from Nvidia directly?

tomm2998
Paper Tape
Views: 3,403
Message 3 of 8

It's an all in one, the video card is connnected with an hdmi cable and the drivers are the Lenovo drivers. 

tomm2998
Paper Tape
Views: 3,382
Message 4 of 8

After taking off the back and checking the video card, it seems there are 2 connections to it, a display port wire and and a Hdmi cable which is 2 ft long and stuffed in there. The HDMI cable was bent.  They should of used a left or right angle hdmi cable to fit properly.  I temporarily switched out the cable and I haven't had a random black/blank screen since I swapped it out.  Ill keep my fingers crossed. I will order another cable and replace it. 

NOTE: YOU WILL HAVE TO TAKE THE BACK OF THE COMPUTER APART NOT JUST THE 2 PANELS TO ACCESS THE OTHER SIDE OF THE CABLE TO REPLACE IT, AND ALSO TAKE OFF THE STAND.  PLEASE DONT ATTEMPT IT IF YOUR NOT COMFORTABLE TAKING IT APART. 

Rasmus_M
What's DOS?
Views: 3,171
Message 5 of 8

I also experienced the random black screen with my AIO Y910-27ISH.

I was able to fix the problem by removing the GFX-card (nvidia gtx1070) following Lenovos own hardware-upgrade manual. I then swapped the cord connecting the built-in screen to the GFX-card from port 1 to port 3. I have not had any random black screen issues since then (going 3 weeks now) where it would have atleast 5-10 blackouts per hour before.

Might be worth a shot before you decide to take the whole machine apart or send it to Lenovos techs.

lsiegall
What's DOS?
Views: 3,005
Message 6 of 8

I have an Ideacentre AIO 700 that I purchased in August 2016.  At first there were no issues with the random freezes following by the black screen.  After a couple months it started happening, once while writing an email in Outlook, another time while saving a file to the Documents directory, and other time while on the internet.  Twice I called Lenovo Solutions Center to be told to run the hardware scan, and both times the scan showed the PC passed all tests.  Based on this thread, the issue is with the connection of the HDMI cable -- it is bent or otherwise not fitting properly.  I will try to get Lenovo to send a technician to my home to open the back of the computer to see if my HDMI cable is bent and if so to swap it with a new one.  Will Lenovo's technician come to my house?  I hope so.  The hardware warranty on my Lenovo AIO is one year through August 2017.

Rowdy10
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,939
Message 7 of 8

My screen went black. It is about 5 weeks out of warranty. Lenovo will not help. I understand it may cost over $700 to repair as it is a touch screen. I am not happy. 

zerozoneice
Punch Card
Views: 1,622
Message 8 of 8

I had some of those as well, but only during heavy 3D gaming.

I solve it everytime by removing the back panel where the GTX1070 is located, which makes me think it's a cooling / airflow issue. Try using it with the back panel off and see if you can reproduce the issue.

The GTX-es are connected using the DP, so i don't get it why switching out HDMI cables has any effect...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors