UK

9 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 1 of 10

Lenovo Ideal Cetre Y900 Windows updates fail

2016-04-25, 14:05 PM

Hi,

Having problems installing latest build 1511.  Minor updates have applied.  This pack downloads, unpacks and does the first reboot.  On starting to install it gets 20% done then fails, no error message and restore to previous version.

How can I get around this problem thanks

Solved! See the solution
Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3391 Signins

41995 Page Views

• Views: 41995
  • Message 2 of 10

Re: Lenovo Ideal Cetre Y900 Windows updates fail

2016-04-25, 20:27 PM

Make sure that you're not getting Insider builds on the computer, because that is probably what is causing update issues. You can also try this: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/windows-update-troubleshooter 

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

9 Posts

04-25-2016

UK

9 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2016-04-26, 4:43 AM

Thanks for this, what are insider builds please.  Thanks

Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3391 Signins

41995 Page Views

• Message 4 of 10

2016-04-26, 4:47 AM

They're updates that allows you to preview software before they hit the public. This is for Microsoft to beta test software, and so that users can provide feedback. You may have accidently turned this feature on, but here is how to disable it: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/stop-receiving-builds

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

9 Posts

04-25-2016

UK

9 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2016-04-26, 13:36 PM

Thank you,  I will check,  the current build is 10240 so sounds a possible.  It did come with windows 10 installed from new

Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3391 Signins

41995 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2016-04-26, 15:43 PM

Sure, no problem

Regards,
Eric Xu

Options

9 Posts

04-25-2016

UK

9 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2016-05-02, 3:56 AM

Thanks for all your help!  I don not seem to have anoption on updates.   I have tried the link and tried to upgarde to windows 10 latest version.  But I have still have the same resultys.  I unpacks the files, but on upgrade, hangs at 9% or 32% overall,  flicking black screen then backs out the update

Bit stumped

Options

9 Posts

04-25-2016

UK

9 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2016-05-02, 3:58 AM
So no insider build, not even able to upgrade
Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3391 Signins

41995 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2016-05-02, 19:48 PM

Try running the Update reset tool from Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/971058

Choose Windows 10; and run the troubleshooter.

Regards,
Eric Xu

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

9 Posts

04-25-2016

UK

9 Signins

84 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2016-05-09, 5:57 AM

Thanks for this,  it did not report any problems.  However,  I am almost convinced its a drive problem, not sure graphics or sound.  Do you know if there is a log written out that is retained on the upgrade.  Might indicate the driver conflict or what ever.

Thanks in advance

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete