Options

2 Posts

07-27-2019

US

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Legion C730-19IO randomly freezing.

2019-12-28, 7:51 AM

So I have had my computer for roughly six months.  I have had the problem since I bought it and it has persisted through out.  I contacted Lenovo support and received no useful help  They even replaced the entire computer for me and the new one immediately had the exact same problem.  

Problem: While playing video games (doesn't matter which or how intensive) or watching videos on you tube, the computer will randomly hang or freeze for a few moments. Most of the time the audio will also buzz loudly. The game/video will resume normally for a time (sometimes) before freezing again.  Sometimes it will crash the game, though this is rare. Or when watching a video, the video will disappear from the web page, but I will still hear it and I will have to close the window and reopen it to continue veiwing. 

Fixes tried so far: 

- Replace components

- Rolled back drivers

- Updated drivers (though I have learned there might be more I could do here. I just don't know how)

- Replaced the ENTIRE computer. 

I am not tech savvy and I have never built my own computer but I know tech savvy people who are also stumped. Can any one help?  Specs below.
Intel Core i9-9900K Cput @3.60 Ghz
31.95 GB of DDR4 Ram

Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080

Options

734 Posts

04-23-2019

US

423 Signins

13382 Page Views

• Views: 13382
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Legion C730-19IO randomly freezing.

2019-12-30, 19:18 PM

Hi Tazman3002,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Kindly try the steps in this article to check if they will resolve the issues you have with the machine.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

3 Posts

01-08-2020

LB

2 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo Legion C730-19IO randomly freezing.

2020-02-03, 5:52 AM

Hey, if you haven't solved this yet, i think the problem is the hdd. It automatically turns off after 20 mins and turns back on when it is needed. The process of the hdd turning on again will make the system hang for a brief moment (a second or two).

Set a timer on your phone to 20 mins when you turn on your pc, then listen to the hdd, it should shutdown by itself. After a couple of moments, maybe minutes, the hdd will turn on again and the system will freeze for a sec. Check if that's your problem

Options

1 Posts

05-16-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Lenovo Legion C730-19IO randomly freezing.

2020-05-16, 22:53 PM

I had the same issue. Random freezes In and Out of games. Freezes would last 1-5 seconds and would lock up everything. After a lot of troubleshooting steps that just made things worse, I unplugged the secondary platter HDD and everything has been working perfectly for over a week.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete