cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kane_Hart
Fanfold Paper
Views: 332
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Legion T730 9900K Does not Boost...

So I normally build my PC's but there was a decent deal for the T730 and wanted to give Lenovo Legion PC's a try.

Either way it's the I9 9900k with the RTX 2080 with 32gigs of ram.

Sadly I noticed this PC runs silly hot all the time. This is in a room that is tempature controlled to 20-23C.

The second thing I noticed is I have never seen it Boost in fact I was starting to realizing it seems to be almost slower per Core then my 4700k in some ways or pretty **bleep** close. Then I figured out this CPU has never boosted once.

So I got the usal going and cranking that per CPU performance without any luck.

The Motherboard is also lacking a lot of decent info....

I have 3 Years in home support not sure how that works since I live 400km's to the closest **bleep** city lol.... I also use this PC for work and I can't have it go missing.

Either way suggestions are welcomed. 

9rVqp7N

Kane_Hart
Fanfold Paper
Views: 327
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legion T730 9900K Does not Boost...

So I decided to do a torture test with Prime 95.... For some reason its thermaling out at 4ghz...

FvkZv20

If I just do 2 threads I get the following:

OG6VFDL

still no 5ghz.... Really odd

UncleRemus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 277
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Legion T730 9900K Does not Boost...

Hello.  I noticed your post and thought I would mention the Intel Extreme Tuning Utility program in case you were unaware of it.  It will allow you to change various power settings and then run a stress test to show exact instances of power, cpu thermal, and voltage regulator thermal  throttling which might explain your reduced cpu frequency.  I'm no expert, but my y520t with the stock i7 8700 and cooler was reaching 80+ degrees with the  Handbrake program instantly and then the cpu frequency would drop back to 3.2 or 3.3ghz and the core temps would drop to low 70's.  I installed a liquid cooler and increased the power from 65w to 95w using the Intel tuning program and now see 3.8 to 4.2ghz, with thermal throttling occuring from the voltage regulator on the mobo, but core temps now remain in low 60's.   I am not sure about your newer i9 cpu, but just wanted to throw that out there. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors