US

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Legion y520t storage expantion

2020-06-06, 12:30 PM

Hey,

I am looking to expand the storage on my Lenovo Legion Y520 Tower and was wondering if the WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD (https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-3d-nand-sata-ssd#WDS500G2B0A) would fit. I understand that there a lot of specifications that you need to consider for the SSD to even fit into your computer, so if this SSD does not fit, what specs should I be looking for to find one that fits? Any other SSDs that you can recommend?

Thanks!

Options

725 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

79 Signins

4408 Page Views

• Views: 4408
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Legion y520t storage expantion

2020-06-18, 14:27 PM

@ Henning R wrote:

Hey,

I am looking to expand the storage on my Lenovo Legion Y520 Tower and was wondering if the WD Blue 3D NAND SATA SSD (https://shop.westerndigital.com/products/internal-drives/wd-blue-3d-nand-sata-ssd#WDS500G2B0A) would fit. I understand that there a lot of specifications that you need to consider for the SSD to even fit into your computer, so if this SSD does not fit, what specs should I be looking for to find one that fits? Any other SSDs that you can recommend?

Thanks!

Hi,

There are two 3.5-inch drive bays, one free and one occupied by a 1TB hard drive, while a 128GB M.2 SSD is also installed. 

So, you have the option of adding a SATA drive, or swapping the M.2 SATA or NVMe with a larger drive.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete