06-08-2020

US

4 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Vantage fails, Interactive System Detection

2020-06-08, 21:21 PM

I have two legion t530-28apr computers for clients and both have suddenly found themselves having issues and failures across hardware ranging from the NIC, GPU to USB hub

Event log is full of logs showing Lenovo Vantage failing to auto update since January and manual checking update doesn't find any updates. 

I can probably manually install the correct drives and fix all the things Vantage broke, but it doesn't give me trust that Lenovo knows what they're doing..

Attached image shows that Vantage is trying to make use of Interactive Services Detection to update and it seems to be what is failing consistently.

Microsoft Announced it was killing Interactive Services Detection in windows 10 build (1803) 

https://www.coretechnologies.com/blog/windows-services/interactive-services-removed-windows-10/ 

That was in April 2018, clearly something isn't being done.

So what is Lenovo doing about it? Should I be using something other than Lenovo Vantage? 

I'd like to be able to set driver updates to be automatic and not being able to do that makes it a bad recommendation for clients

Options

5 Posts

07-18-2018

US

5 Signins

75 Page Views

• Views: 75
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Lenovo Vantage fails, Interactive System Detection

2020-06-30, 15:32 PM

I see you've not had any responses, and all I can offer is a guess. As the Lenovo Vantage consists of a number of programs, some dating back several years to other Lenovo service/update facilities. I have had good luck removing all the Lenovo programs and reinstalling the Lenovo Vantage program from the Microsoft store. This will prompt you to install the dependent programs.

Good Luck.

Peter

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete