Options

3 Posts

05-21-2016

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Y gaming mechanical keyboard k800 stops working every time I switch users Y900 Win 10

2016-05-22, 0:01 AM

I just received a new Lenovo Y900 SUS. It came with a gaming keyboard and mouse. Every single time I changes user accounts (multiple family users setup in Windows)- the keyboard stops responding. All the lights stay on but none of the keys do anything). If I unplug the keyboard and plug it back it- it starts working immediatly.

(One time the keyboard has stopped when I was doing something other than changing users but EVERY time I change users it stops working).

I have tried changing the various USB ports -but it happens regardless of where it is plugged in (out front of tower, out back, USB 2.0, USB 3.0).

Driver is up-to-date and appears to be correct for the model (or at least- I cannot find any other driver).

Any ideas what else I can try? Is it a lemon- should I request a new keyboard or is it some setting somewhere I haven't thought to try?

Thank you for your help!

Solved! See the solution
Options

2442 Posts

04-17-2014

US

3391 Signins

41995 Page Views

• Views: 41995
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y gaming mechanical keyboard k800 stops working every time I switch users Y900 Win 10

2016-05-22, 2:17 AM

Since you already mentioned updating drivers, I'll suggest trying another keyboard. If it doesn't do this, then contact Lenovo for a replacement keyboard.

For support and support chat:  http://support.lenovo.com 

For phone call back: http://lenovo.com/contact

Lenovo's support line: 1-877-453-6686

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs up to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Please do not PM me for individual requests... please post to the forums instead :)

Lenovo Forums have transitioned to a new platform. The team is working hard to bring new features and make the forums better than it was before!

The 'Search' function is currently down. In the interim, please get help through browser searches.

Please ensure the option 'Subscribe me automatically to all discussions I have participated in' is enabled under your forum settings. That way, you'll be notified if anyone replies to your thread!

Options

3 Posts

05-21-2016

US

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Y gaming mechanical keyboard k800 stops working every time I switch users Y900 Win 10

2016-12-05, 2:25 AM

Connected a new keyboard and had no issues. Appears to be the Y gaming keyboard causing the issue. Ignored the issue for a while but I just moved the computer so I figured I would give it another try. No go. Taking your suggestion and connecting support. Hope it isn't too late to get a replacement.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete