Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Boogasbeowulf
Token Ring
Views: 430
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo y710 cube upgrade

Hi there!

I just wanted to share my experience upgrading y710 Cube so if anyone is  curious whether it can be done that way. Anyway I've  just installed i7 6700k cpu + added Noctua NF-A9 PWM onto the original cpu cooler. Runs reasonably cool never exceeding 60 degrees on Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut. I've also upgraded to 32GB Crucial Ballistics RAM. The bigger boost, however, comes in the form of Gigabyte rtx 2080 ti Turbo which allows me to play almost every game at maximum settings at 4k. To be able to drive that setup I have also replaced the psu for Corsair Sf750 750w. Maybe down the road I'll replace the motherboard but I just didn't want to go through the hassle of installing all the software  from scratch and this way I can enjoy great gaming right away!

Take care everyone! 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 388
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo y710 cube upgrade

Hi Boogasbeowulf,

that's basically a brand-new machine, very nice upgrade! Smiley Wink How did you fit the RTX 2080 Ti into the Y710 Cube? Did you have to remove the plastic holder at the end of the original card? Do you have any pictures of the inside of the machine?

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Boogasbeowulf
Token Ring
Views: 378
Message 3 of 6

Well, the card just fitted snugly inside the case. This is the blower style rtx 2080 ti, just a little longer than my previous gtx 1080 ti. Had to adjust the fan curve to strike the right balance between cooling performance and the noise generated by the card and it's fine now. Will try undervolting later. I've just ordered another Noctua fan for the front, too as now the original front fan gets on my nerves compared to the Noctua fan on cpu cooler. I have some pictures of the inside, posting them right away. 15640892874660.jpg

15640894539071.jpg

15640896868673.jpg

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 356
Message 4 of 6

Nicely done! I understand why you want to keep the Y710 case Smiley Wink I always liked the Noctua fans too.

Best regards,

Juraj
German, Czech & Slovak Community Lead

Wurde dein Problem bei uns bereits besprochen? Schau mal nach: Forum Suchoption
Bitte füge den Typ, Modell (nicht die S/N) und das benutzte OS zu deiner Nachricht hinzu. Es beschleunigt die Lösung deines Problems.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Highlighted
mhunter225
Blue Screen Again
Views: 87
Message 5 of 6

what extra steps would i have to do to put an RTX 2070 Super Mini in mine? i also have a y710

Boogasbeowulf
Token Ring
Views: 71
Message 6 of 6

I guess you shouldn't take any extra steps as long as this card is not thicker than two slots and by the looks of it (on the internet) it is not. The only thing I would chech is that the y710 power supply you have in your unit is  the one rated at 450w it should be sufficient as I used one to power my previous card - gtx 1080ti which to my knowledge is more power hungry than rtx 2070. So all things considered it should be just plug and play in your case. Good luck with the upgrade mate!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors