Options

2 Posts

01-21-2017

US

4 Signins

63 Page Views

• Views: 63
  • Message 1 of 2

New user with new PC Y700 keeps crashing?

2017-01-21, 4:15 AM

I am a new user and have run into an issue I can't figure out. PC keeps randomly restarting after freezing. At first no blue screen, just freeze then restart. Now I get blue screens with memory management errors upon freeze/restart. Drivers are up to date as are BIOS. Only thing I've change on PC is upgraded RAM (was 8GB now 16GB DDR4) and new CPU cooler. Ran memory diagnostic and got a message saying Hardware problem was detected contact manufacturer. I re-seated the RAM and check harddrive connections and ran diagnostic again. No message the second time but I am still getting the freeze and restart with memory management error. What can I do?

Options

2042 Posts

02-28-2012

EC

1810 Signins

32328 Page Views

• Views: 32328
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: New user with new PC Y700 keeps crashing?

2017-01-21, 21:25 PM

Hi

Sometimes a faulty RAM or some issues between two different RAM cards can give you blue screen.

Did you mixed the new RAM with the older one? or you complete replaced the old one? I like to see the Memory speed with a software called "HWInfo64" (not supported by Lenovo), but it gives you a good detail of the hardware that you have installed.

My first guess will be to check that you have Windows 10 with the latest fixes update with "Windows Update", but  guess you already did that.

Another guess, I also like to do an scan/fix of Windows file system by running (admin mode) "sfc /scannow" when I see a system that is very unstable: https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

If nothing works, maybe you can try:

1) Recover a "restore point" of you Windows Machine

2) Make a Windows 10 refresh (but backup your stuff first).

Both things takes some time.

I hope this can give you some hints.

Regards

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Self-proclaimed Trackpoint Fan Club President
"Don't Panic"
Wil Wheaton
Remember: Your Friend Wil Declares....
Please click "Like" for Ego Boost !!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete