Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

06-02-2021

Netherlands

6 Signins

95 Page Views

• Views: 95
  • Message 1 of 5

No screen signal on Legion T7-34IMZ5 (10th gen.) Desktop

2021-11-25, 9:26 AM

Hi, unfortunately after almost 12 months the same issue persists.

If I play a game sometimes the desktop screen will blackout / receive no signal and the computer will turn off.

In order to turn it on and have a working screen, I have to wait days. Currently, I am at that waiting stage.

If I press the power button the fan lights will turn on (rainbow-colored, which was not my Lenovo setting), GPU will light up and all fans are spinning, including the GPU fans. I think I can hear the pump. Unfortunately, my screen will remain black / blank and connected USB devices will not receive power.

What I have tried:

• Turning it on and off (multiple times). This did not change the situation.

• Performing a power drain by completing turning off the desktop and disconnecting the power cable, turning the computer on. Then connecting the power cable and turning the computer on. This did not change the situation.

• Connecting the HDMI cable and monitor screen to a laptop to confirm that the HDMI cable and monitor are working. This confirmed a working cable and monitor

• Using all of the display ports to confirm if it is an issue with the HDMI port. Confirmed that none of the ports are giving a signal to my monitor.

• Reseated the ram from positions 2 and 4 to 1 and 3. This did not change the situation.

• Pressing F1 multiple times during boot to open the BIOS screen. This did not change the situation, the screen stayed black/blank. 

• Removing the CMOS battery, waiting then placing the CMOS battery back to clear the BIOS. This did not change the situation.

Right now I am a bit at a loss where the problem could be and if there are things I still can try at home to remedy the problem.

My lenovo desktop:

Legion T7-34IMZ5 Desktop (Lenovo) - Type 90Q8

Processor: 1x Intel Core i9-10850K Processor(Core i9-10850K)

Geheugen: 2x 16GB DDR4 3200

Besturingssysteem: Windows 10 Home 64(FR:French,DE:German,NL:Netherlands Dutch,EN:English)

Harde schijven: 1x 3.5" 2TB 7200, 1x 1TB PCIe TLC

Draadloos netwerk: 1x Intel Wi-Fi 6 AX201 2*2ax+BT5.0

Graphics: 1x GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Status: screen won't turn on, pc lights are working fans are spinning GPU lights up.

Question: what could be the issue with this desktop, GPU / MOBO, or something else?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide. 

Options

13171 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7447 Signins

755950 Page Views

• Views: 755950
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:No screen signal on Legion T7-34IMZ5 (10th gen.) Desktop

2021-11-26, 5:39 AM

Hello @m2798 ,

Greetings.

At this point, isolation between display issue with the GPU card and no POST (board issue or other major part) would be the task.

I am not sure of your systemboard would have its own display port (HDMI/ DP/ VGA /DVI etc) removing the VGA card.

You can share the machine type model on the sticker perhaps.

Personally, swap and test may be the easiest way to check using the VGA card (PCIe express card) on another compatible machine specially if the board do not have its own graphics out port.

Regards,

spidey101

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

1 Posts

11-29-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 5

2021-11-29, 13:28 PM

Hi,

I have a similar issue with a brand new T7 where when it restarts I don't get HDMI output , rebooting a few times and eventaully the screen comes on. I also never see the Lenovo logo and also can't get into the bios.

All a bit frustrating with a new system. Mine is i7 10th Gen with RTX3070.

If I cant get it sorted I may well return the system and look at another manafacturer as I see quite a lot of issues with the T7 on these forums.

Regards

M.

Options

4 Posts

07-03-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 4 of 5

2021-11-29, 17:41 PM

This exact same problem has been happening for me. After a lot of research into the matter, my hunch is that it has to do with how to motherboard is interacting with the GPU. I have tried to undervolt the card to make it stable, however that only seems to make the blackout symptoms more "mild" (AKA I don't have to wait as long after getting locked out with the blackscreen/no boot). These things are straight lemons and I don't believe that a software update will alleviate the systemic issues we are facing. I'm going to call up Lenovo and what will be possible, but I may have to resort to using my CC warranty if they don't provide adequate support. 

Options

4 Posts

07-03-2021

United States of America

9 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 5 of 5

2021-11-30, 0:30 AM

So after doing some VRAM stress-tests with OCCT (https://www.ocbase.com/), I have found the point of failure. When the 3080 FE hits 60-61C during the VRAM test, it blacks out and stops sending video signals. This issue has been reported on not just Lenovo computers, but on other builds as well. It should only take a few minutes of testing to replicate this issue. 

It does not seem to be a software issue. I have rolled back my Nvidia GPU drivers to Lenovo's latest (471) and this issue still persists. After talking with the technician on the phone, he said it may have to go back to the warehouse up to 3 times before it's eligible for a refund (if they decide to refund at all). Because of the chip-shortage and the fact that Lenovo isn't selling any computers with the 30 series cards, I'm hoping I can escalate the refund request sooner, as I don't think they'll have the inventory to replace the card. 

How do I see this going from here? I suspect that the onsite technician will come to my place, confirm the problems I've found, send off the computer to the warehouse, and play a 2-3 month waiting game of "Where's my PC?". I really don't know what to make of this. Thankfully I bought this with my Costco Citi credit card, so I'm hopeful I can use them to get a refund with the documentation I get from Lenovo saying this thing isn't working. But that doesn't kick in until the manufacturer's warranty expires. So anyway you cut it, I'm in limbo for the next 6 months.

I don't think I would ever recommend anyone ever buys a Lenovo product after this experience. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms