GB

11 Signins

289 Page Views

• Views: 289
  • Message 1 of 1

No support

2016-09-29, 22:44 PM

Hi

This Y900 341SZ  desktop computer that is still under warranty is the worst computer for continuing problems I have ever owned. I have been forced to reset it to its original default state which involved hours of installation of my games and other software purely to overcome the problem of not being able to install a Critical Bios Update. After that came the frozen screen problem and the failure to wake up from Sleep Mode without every fan going to continuous full power at Startup. Next came the awful drone from the CPU Cooler Fan if the bios was set to its default state of Smart Auto. I had to run it set to Manual. However, the noise from the fan is still far too loud to be acceptable. I previously owned a Medion computer which I bought for one third of the price I paid for the Ideacentre. It never let me down during the 10 years I owned it. Sometimes the mouse will not be activated after the Lenovo computer starts up. Then you have to relocate the mouse usb cable to make it work.

The service people who appear to be located in Greece are keen to help until they find they are unable to put it right when they totally ignore all your subsequent requests for help. I followed all their instructions but various problems still persist so this computer is "not fit for purpose". So far the phone bill to contact Lenovo Service Dept. is running at £17.

Lately the Lenovo Companion App for Windows 10 has stopped working. It's not as though I don't know about computers, having taught IT in a school for 22 years and am now spending my retirement assisting RNIB members sort out their computer problems. Lenovo appear to be ignoring their customers' problems when it suits them. I am frustrated and disappointed with Lenovo.

RolyUGYZ

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete