Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

09-05-2021

United States of America

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 4

Realtek Speaker and Headphone Outputs Disappeared?!!!

2021-09-05, 7:04 AM

I have a Lenovo Legion T5 28IMB05 Desktop (i5-10440F/1660 Super) SKU: LENOVO_MT_90NC_BU_Lenovo_FM_Legion T5 28IMB05

I have had the PC for about 6 months now with no issues. Today I let the PC go into rest mode and when I returned to it, I had no audio.

In the bottom right of windows where I can select my speaker option, neither of them appear. They have just vanished. Both the headphones/external speakers are operational and I have tried multiple audio jacks and USB ports. I have looked in the Sound control panel for "disabled" or "hidden" playback devices. These output sources simply do not show up anywhere.

My first thought was to reinstall drivers for my sound card, so I found a Realtek .exe and ran it. But this changed nothing. Perhaps I had the wrong driver. But I don't know how that would make a difference. How can you install drivers for a device your system doesn't even detect?

If anyone has any solutions or suggestions, please let me know!

- also, I have done no recent windows updates. The only available update I have yet to do is an optional QoL update. I also updated my GPU to see if that would somehow help. It didn't. 

Options

5482 Posts

04-23-2019

United States of America

729 Signins

33565 Page Views

• Views: 33565
  • Message 2 of 4

Re:Realtek Speaker and Headphone Outputs Disappeared?!!!

2021-09-06, 12:25 PM

Hello @playerosp4 ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Would it be possible to try the drivers from the support site if you haven't tried them already?

You can download it using this link (please note that you may have to enter your serial number in order to get the right file): https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/ph/en/products/desktops-and-all-in-ones/legion-series/legion-t5-28imb05/90nc/downloads/driver-list/component?name=Audio

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

2 Posts

09-08-2021

Canada

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 3 of 4

2021-09-08, 0:57 AM

I have the same problem, just happened today.  I have tried re-installing the drivers.  Interestingly I can see them in the installed programs list in control panel, but they don't show up in device manager.  If I run the executable from the support page you linked, it just says it is doing maintenance on the drivers (no change).  If I go into the installed programs list and uninstall the "Realtek Audio Driver", running that executable says it is installing it.  It will reappear in the installed programs list, but still doesn't show up in device manager and still doesn't work.

I am seeing "NVIDIA High Definition Audio" in device manager under Sound, video and game controllers.. however this is asking me to plug something into, I guess, the HDMI port that I'm currently using for my monitor?  In any case it's of no use to me.

Options

2 Posts

09-08-2021

Canada

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 4 of 4

2021-09-08, 1:10 AM

https://imgur.com/a/ZguDZty
Few screenshots of my Device Manager, Installed Programs, the audio troubleshooter, and windows sound settings. I also have a Legion T5-28IMB05 Desktop - Type 90NC.Few other things I have done is run the Lenovo Automatic Update Driver scan, which found nothing wrong, and obviously through this process rebooted the machine a bunch of times. The catalyst for me was not the computer going to sleep, it froze and crashed a few minutes after booting it up, presumably the driver was the cause of the crash as once the machine came back up, it has been working fine other than the fact that I can't hear anything. ;P

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms