Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
battlekitty
What's DOS?
Views: 244
Message 1 of 4

T530 PC new purchase 6/17 freezes constantly

I made this regrettable purchase 6/17 and the machine freezes and can only be shut down via power button.  The poor attempt at trouble shooting reset the BIOS and closed some start up processes, but made no difference.  I do also have the BIOS in Auto to use a usb drive boot for work, and while in Linux, there is absolutely no problem.  When I go into windows, it seems to be ok until I try to play a game then after a few minutes, the machine freezes, then cannot use alt +ctrl+delete or the windows shut down and must (20-30 times) hold the power button down.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 172
Message 2 of 4

Re: T530 PC new purchase 6/17 freezes constantly

Hi Battlekitty! Welcome to our forums community. Was there any recent changes or any updates installed before the issue arise? May we know what games are you playing? Since it is a new computer, have you tried resetting it to factory defaults? Could you try running the hardware test from the Think Vantage app to check if there are hardware failure? Let us know.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

battlekitty
What's DOS?
Views: 165
Message 3 of 4

Its nice someone cared to respond finally, but I am beyond your assistance and now subject to the atrocious replacement policies.  After not getting any assistance from your tech support other than resetting the BIOS and making some minor changes to the start up menu, they concluded they couldn't help me and referred it to be replaced.  I did update all the graphics drivers and Windows updates, ran the Lenovo repair program, and nothing helped.  I feel that this will be the last company I will recommend and will actually do all I can to alert potential customers that the products are often faulty and that customer service is a joke.  The pet phrase "I'm sorry for the inconvenience" that is repeated verbally and in emails, is insulting when no one is sorry and could care less if anyone is inconvenienced.  When replacing a poorly functioning machine, any other company makes a replacement a priority, but Lenovo puts you at the bottom of the list, clearly not caring since you have already paid for a machine.  My final complaint is that orders that are made through any of the finance companies are put in that companies name rather than the customers name.  How can that make sense unless it't to prevent many customers from being able to post a review, since only customers that paid with a card are a true customers and can be verified?  Just another example of the shady business practices.  I truely hope my post will not disappear Smiley Happy

tdc012
Punch Card
Views: 115
Message 4 of 4

Luckily I have not had to deal with Lenovo support yet, but I can answer the question about why they put it in the financing companies name. At least with Zibby. They put it in Zibby's name because technically Zibby owns the system until the lease is completed. Ownership does not change hands until complete. Since it is a lease, the customer has the option to end it and return the merchandise to Zibby at any time without penalty. They would not be able to offer that option if ownership was immediately transferred to the customer. Best of luck on getting your system replaced. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors