IT

1 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 2

T540-15ICK G 90LW003CIX 1Tb hard disk not found

2020-06-20, 15:03 PM

Hi there,

I recently bought the PC in the subject.

After booting (OS is in the SSD drive) I found that the 1Tb hard disk was not detected by the system.

I entered the BIOS Setup to control whether it was a problem of the OS, but even there I couldn't find any evidence of the presence of the drive.

So I opened the case and I found that the drive was there but I wouldn't go further to check whether it was properly connected to the motherboard and/or to the power supply, for fear of loosing the 2 years warranty.   

I already called the retailer's customer service but I would like to know if there is something else i can try to fix the problem before they do.

Thanks

Options

1073 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

128 Signins

5946 Page Views

• Views: 5946
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:T540-15ICK G 90LW003CIX 1Tb hard disk not found

2020-06-24, 13:28 PM

Hi there Ur4nium_235

Welcome to the Community Forums.

When the HDD is not even visible in the BIOS, then we are most likely looking at a faulty HDD and or connection to the motherboard.

Both HDD and SSD for the T540-15ICK , Machine Type : 90LW are CRU (Customer Replaceable Units), so trying to make sure the cable is properly connected etc. should not void the warranty. 

What are CRUs:

Customer Replaceable Units (CRUs) are parts that can be upgraded or replaced by the customer. Lenovo computers contain the following types of CRUs: • Self-service CRUs: Refer to parts that can be installed or replaced easily by customer themselves or by trained service technicians at an additional cost. • Optional-service CRUs: Refer to parts that can be installed or replaced by customers with a greater skill level. Trained service technicians can also provide service to install or replace the parts under the type of warranty designated for the customer’s machine. If you intend on installing the CRU, Lenovo will ship the CRU to you. CRU information and replacement instructions are shipped with your product and are available from Lenovo at any time upon request. You might be required to return the defective part that is replaced by the CRU. When return is required: (1) return instructions, a prepaid shipping label, and a container will be included with the replacement CRU; and (2) you might be charged for the replacement CRU if Lenovo does not receive the defective CRU within thirty (30) days of your receipt of the replacement CRU. 

For full details, see the Lenovo Limited Warranty documentation at: 

Lenovo Limited Warranty

You can read more about the CRU's for your device in the Setup Guide in Chapter 4.

If you decide to try and determine if the cable is properly connected to the HDD and you are still unable to detect the HDD, then I'd suggest contacting Lenovo support for your country directly (mail, e-ticket, phone) and see what can be done. Most likely it will have to be assessed by an authorized technician and replaced.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete