Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Desktops
All Forum Topics
Options

24 Posts

02-26-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

86 Signins

145 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 145
  • Message 1 of 13

Unacceptable bios lockdown Legion T7 34IMZ5

2021-04-03, 8:40 AM

I so regret buying this computer. I can't even bring myself to call it a gaming desktop for the following reasons

1 Motherboard bios locked down so tight with no XMP memory support, or any other useful adjustments that you would normally get from serious gaming desktop manufacturers such as MSI, Alienware, Asus etc

2 Releasing bios updates that don't work. Where is your quality control Lenovo ?

3 Buggy vantage control software that works sometimes 

4 Unable to install memory and run at recommended speeds due to lack of bios support

I have paid a lot of money for this desktop and I dont like being treated like a child by Lenovo. The hardware in this system is state of art, so why would you release it with kindergarten bios support. 

Nvidia recently released a fantastic new feature called resizeable bar which needs activating by Lenovo at the bios level on both the motherboard and Gpu. What chance do we have of this ever being supported when they can't even allow us XMP memory support. 

Wake up Lenovo and smell the coffee. This is 2021 not 1986. If you are serious about producing gaming desktops then stop treating your customers like uneducated children. 

When you launch a gaming desktop, don't lock it down. Give us the choice to tweak it to fulfill its potential. 

All these serious gaming desktop producers must laugh so hard every time you launch a new product. 

Honesty sometimes hurts, take it in the spirit it is meant.

Rant over ! 

Options

13 Posts

03-30-2021

Belgium

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Views: 65
  • Message 2 of 13

Re:Unacceptable bios lockdown Legion T7 34IMZ5

2021-04-03, 11:07 AM

I agree with this. if they don't do anything about it people will just create modified BIOS software or like myself i'll just replace it with a different Motherboard.

Options

8 Posts

03-22-2021

Norway

5 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 3 of 13

2021-04-05, 22:19 PM

This was a bit of a bummer to me, i have always bought parts and built my pc's from the ground up with good quality parts, got a good deal on this 10900k/rtx3080 and thought that it cant be that bad.. Boy was i wrong..

This motherboard bios is a pain in the ass, i cant alter anything in there going from top boards like Asus Crosshair series on AMD platform - this is a very serious issue when trying to hit gamers market. This isnt early 2000 when kids was not as educated on computers as they are today.

I also found out the GPU was made from MSI, but i cant fint any information about it, none what so ever. I bet its a gpu made from MSI in sale today, where we can use bioses that already are updated by MSI - but what card is actually branded as Lenovo's own RTX3080 with different cooler?

The lack of possibilities on this pc makes me wanna part out the computer and sell the motherboard and ram + that bad cpu cooler on there as it cant cool the 10900K anyway.

Unless Lenovo fixes their stuff fast this will be the last product i will ever buy from them, this is not usable for us that usually build our own computers as it lacks everything .

Lenovo - Please consider doing the following:

1. Unlock your bios, the motherboard seams more than capable of being able to unlock a lot of features currently disabled/removed from visual bios screens.

2. Bios updates, this should be on par with other big companies as ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI etc - bios updates should come both on MB and GPU the day new tech is released so that the owners can benefit the highly costly hardware acquired when buying our products.

3. More information on products that you re-brand your own, It's impossible to gather any information about your RAM, your GPU and Motherboard. For us techies we want to know what we have and what we buy - you give us nothing. Its time to wake up and provide information about your products, the GPU for instance, i dont care if its you or MSI thats branded on the card - but i need a provider that can give me vBios updates when i need them, i dont care if its you or MSI that gives them to me when i need them so if you at least can provide what card from MSI you are buying and re-branding Lenovo i could get the bios from MSI so i can use the card as intended.

I still have warranty and money back availability on this computer still, and i'm tempted to just send it off and get my money back.. This is starting to get frustrating as i thought i bought something good this time, prove me wrong Lenovo !

Options

17 Posts

12-19-2020

United States Minor Outlying Islands

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Views: 85
  • Message 4 of 13

2021-04-06, 15:13 PM

What's got me the most angry is the marketing language used for the 7i Tower: "Fully future-proof your build with the Z490 motherboard allowing for expansion." A motherboard is the exact opposite of future-proof without manufacturer BIOS support. While I won't waste my time with such things, Saul Goodman-wannabes have taken (and won) class-action suits over less. 

Fix this Lenovo. It's trivial and not worth the trouble of pushing the community to start swapping hacked bios chips.

Options

13 Posts

03-30-2021

Belgium

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2021-04-06, 15:18 PM

False advertisement like that is illegal in Europe. Especially in ly country, i could easily sue them for it and win. People sued bigger companies for less here.  

LENOVO don't be lazy, just push the updates as you should. Or do customers not matter at all. First time i bought a LENOVO used Acer before but they didn't update anything at all, hoped you guys did. If not i'll keep the case and 3080,i9 10900k and swap out the junk you guys out in there for better hardware that gets support. 

Options

17 Posts

12-19-2020

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2021-04-06, 15:21 PM

On top of this, why is it that nearly a week after the "bad" UEFI was posted, it's still live on their support sites?

desktops and all in ones :: legion series :: legion t7 34imz5 :: 90q8 :: 90q8003pus :: mj0e62v7 Lenovo PC Support - Lenovo Support US

Options

13 Posts

03-30-2021

Belgium

9 Signins

65 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2021-04-06, 15:24 PM

Not that it matters, it doesn't have Resizable bar support despite the update beibg released a day after Nvidia pushed it out. It's LENOVO laughing with us, why update and not give us what everyone else is getting? Oh and XMP, unlocking the BIOS and what not. 

Options

17 Posts

12-19-2020

7 Signins

85 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2021-04-06, 15:26 PM

Maybe not to us, but it's just one more unnecessary issue undoubtedly clogging up support, etc. I'm just shocked...I did not expect Lenovo to be this careless. The least they could do is tell us they're working on implementing these features. I mean, at least care enough to lie!

Options

2 Posts

04-07-2021

Belgium

4 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 9 of 13

2021-04-07, 13:25 PM

Just made an account on this forum to confirm this topic and also complain. I also have this issue with BIOS and think that the BIOS is very limited.

Options

2 Posts

04-08-2021

Belgium

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 10 of 13

2021-04-08, 16:48 PM

Today i expanded my RAM from 16gb to 32gb. Originally it was at 3200mhz. Now that i installed the 2 extra 8GB's of ram, it's down to 2667Mhz.

I wanted to set it up in the bios and found out it's impossble ....

Contacted lenovo about it, they said that a technician would call me, but they never did.

That's when i discoverd this forum, and realised, it's just not possible .... That sucks !!!!

I see all your complains, but not 1 comment from Lenovo, that's disturbing to say the least.

anybody came up with a solution in the meantime?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms