11-04-2017

LV

65 Signins

885 Page Views

• Views: 885
  • Message 1 of 2

Update to Windows 10 2004 broke Dolby Atmos

2020-06-27, 14:14 PM

I can't switch music profile equalizer to "Detailed", it keeps bouncing back to "Balanced".  

Lenovo, please update audio driver for C730. Current version is a bit outdated. Thanks!

Options

1015 Posts

03-11-2020

NO

122 Signins

5651 Page Views

• Views: 5651
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Update to Windows 10 2004 broke Dolby Atmos

2020-06-29, 11:30 AM

Hi there Fesiitis

This is not a Lenovo problem.  The Win 10 2004 update has a plethora of problems associated with it and Microsoft themselves have told users to not update to it before they have a cumulative update that solves these.

I'd suggest performing a complete uninstall of the audio drivers then reinstall them through the Support page.

Just plot in the serial number for your device and hit enter, might have to hit it twice. Then head to "Drivers & Software" then "Audio"

Before Uninstalling and reinstalling these drivers, I would firstly recommend performing the step below:

Disable Automatic Hardware drivers update

- Right click the Windows Icon, select the "Search" Function.

- Type "Control Panel" and select "Small icons" or "Large Icons" in the "View By" top right.

- Click the "System Icon"

- Navigate to "Advanced System Settings" -> "Hardware"

- Click "Device Installation Settings" and Select "No"

**This will prevent Windows from interfering with your hardware drivers in future updates, but keep crucial security updates rolling.

You can then try to uninstall Dolby Atmos and then reinstalling it to see if this has solved the issue.

In the event this does not solve it, try a Win 10 rollback or rolling the device back to a previous restore point where it was working as intended. 

Rolling back to a previous Win 10 Version :

- Open the Windows 10 Settings Menu by clicking the gear icon in the Windows Start menu, or by pressing “Windows+I” keys.

- Click “Update & security”

- Click the “Recovery” tab on the sidebar.

- Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click “Get started.”

- If this is not available, then there should always be a "restore point" you can choose from "System Recovery"

- Click the Windows key and type "System Recovery" and click "Recovery" in the list.  

- Select "Open System Restore" - Click "Next" and select the latest "Restore point" where the device was working.

Good luck

Regards

Voithos

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them with a Kudos!!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete