Options

2 Posts

06-07-2016

BE

1 Signins

23 Page Views

• Views: 23
  • Message 1 of 2

WLAN/Wireless not working on Ideacentre Y700?

2016-06-07, 21:42 PM

Hey everyone,

So I got my brand new Ideacentre Y700 delivered today that I ordered from the Belgium Lenovo site. After setting and booting everything up I tried to connect to the internet but I couldn't find any wireless option in my settings, etc. So now I'm left wondering if there's even WLAN in this desktop. It was advertised on the site that it comes with it so I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem. Ethernet connection works fine. I already tried updating the drivers and BIOS but to no avail. What do you guys suggest? I'll definately contact them tomorrow but I was wondering if I may have overlooked something obvious.

The productnumber, not serial number, is 90DF002DMB if that clarifies anything for you guys.

Thanks for reading!

Solved! See the solution
Options

12062 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7112 Signins

743049 Page Views

• Views: 743049
  • Message 2 of 2

Re: WLAN/Wireless not working on Ideacentre Y700?

2016-06-08, 23:56 PM

Hi Berenhardt , 

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Checking on the product specifications sheet showing as an optimal device :

WLAN (optional)  : 11ac, M.2 Card, Wi-Fi + Bluetooth combo adapter, 2x2

I tried verifying the usual WLAN card used with: Part number 00JT471  Wireless,CMB,LTN,NFA344 V2  (page 47) from the FRU list of the hardware manual over the parts lookup page ( with machine number 90DF002DMB) as no wireless card listed .

You may also check on the network connections or msinfo32 on the seach box (system information < components > adapters for the WLAN card. Device manager likewise would indicate detected device . Page 34 of the hardware manual would allow you to locate the M.2 card placement on the inside to physically verify.

Update us how thing go also with checking with lenovo tech sales.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete