10-14-2020

US

7 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 1 of 2

Warranty

2020-10-21, 11:53 AM

Just out of curiosity, under what circumstances would the Legion 5i warranty be voided? I want to add cable extensions and do a little cable managing but wont if it does indeed void the warranty.

Solved! See the solution
Options

3404 Posts

12-22-2008

CA

12389 Signins

178555 Page Views

• Views: 178555
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Warranty

2020-10-21, 12:13 PM

@ David___ wrote:

Just out of curiosity, under what circumstances would the Legion 5i warranty be voided? I want to add cable extensions and do a little cable managing but wont if it does indeed void the warranty.

Generally, what you can do without voiding the warranty is described in the Hardware Maintenance Manual for each model. Components that can be replaced by the end-user are called CRUs (Customer Replaceable Units.) Typically these would be things like RAM and storage drives.

In practice you can do more things without affecting the warranty providing you follow the procedures in the HMM and you don't damage anything in the process. 

Also if problems should arise in the future and you can restore the system to its original state then you're less likely to have issues with warranty. In your situation that would mean being able to remove the cable extensions and restore cable routing to factory original.

Using Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete