03-13-2017

US

7 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 1 of 3

Y700-34ISH Desktop ethernet port not working

2017-03-13, 0:28 AM

I'm having issues getting this ethernet port to work. I have WIFI so I can connect to the internet to update drivers and whatever. When I download the driver for the port from the Lenovo site. I always get an error Realtek Network Controller Not found If deep sleep mode is on please plug the cable. My ethernet does not show up in my device manager but my WIFI connroller does. So I disabled my WIFI through the BIOS to see when the PC booted up if it would see my ethernet port but it didn't. I'm out of ideas.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2954 Posts

02-22-2017

GB

1083 Signins

26243 Page Views

• Views: 26243
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Y700-34ISH Desktop ethernet port not working

2017-03-14, 11:42 AM

Hello Dewayne09

Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.

Sounds like your unit has a faulty Ethernet port on there.

Try a static discharge for this, it may help to resolve the issue or at least get rid of any built up static on the motherboard.

DESKTOP
1. Plug the cable into the socket and the machine.
2. Turn power off at the wall.
3. Hold down the power button on the front of the machine for 1 minute
4. Turn wall socket back on.
5. Turn machine back on.

If that does not work, try a factory reset, this would rule out any software issues.

Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine

1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.

If these steps do not work I would recommend, that you call your local Lenovo support line for a possible service. Below is the link to the phone list where you can find these numbers

Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.

==================================================================================
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Pesszimistának lenni a legjobb, vagy igazad van, vagy kellemesen meglepődsz...
Options

105 Posts

01-24-2017

US

330 Signins

1810 Page Views

• Views: 1810
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Y700-34ISH Desktop ethernet port not working

2017-03-15, 21:07 PM

Before taking a huge step like doing a full factory reset I would maybe try simpler solutions.

1- I would disable all sleep/hibernate settings under the Power Options section of control panel> Power Options>Change plan settings>Change advanced power settings. I know people like to use Sleep function, but Sleep modes absolutely DO interfere with hardware functioning properly at times. I see this happen frequently. Reboot.

2-If the network adapter shows up after disabling sleep/hibernate options I would also go into Device Manager, locate the improperly functioning (ethernet) network adapter, navigate to Power Management Tab, and UNCHECK the box that says Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power. Then Reboot.

3-If the problem persists (and the adapter has appeared in device manager) I would then go into Device Manager and uninstall the malfunctioning network adapter being sure to check the box that uninstalls the driver, reboot and see if Windows detects the adapter and installs a driver for it. To be clear, I would only take this step AFTER turning off all Sleep/Hibernate modes and unchecking the box in Device manager that allows the computer to turn off the adapter to save power.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete