PL

48 Signins

473 Page Views

• Views: 473
  • Message 1 of 6

Y710 Cube bluetooth issue

2017-09-03, 22:41 PM

Hi there! 

I have a problem with Qualcomm Atherosclerosis QCA61x4 Bluetooth 4.1 module. I had my Xbox one s wireless controller connected to Cube via bluetooth and it had been working properly prior to the crash I had yesterday while in menu of Windows Store 'Recore' game. Then all of a sudden my PC froze and I got BSOD followed by restart. Upon reboot I learnt that the controller stopped connecting via bluetooth. Since then I have tried multiple remedies including changing bluetooth drivers, restoring to previous ghost images and even reinstalling Windows 10 from scratch - all to no avail. Bluetooth seems to be working properly as evidenced by device manager and it detect controller as either wireless Microsoft controller or simply input device but never pairs, same happens to my Bluetooth headset which cannot be paired as well but strangely enough the Bluetooth module inside my Cube picks up and connects flawlessly to my LG smart 4K TV... or my Xiaomi smartphone. It seems as if the Bluetooth module is only capable to pair to certain category of devices while others with my controller being the most important for me no longer work. I don't know what to do. I'm at loss as to how to troubleshoot it further. Maybe someone might have a clue...

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Options

4 Posts

09-05-2017

NO

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Y710 Cube bluetooth issue

2017-09-05, 6:57 AM

Hey, I am also having similar connectivity bluetooth issues on a Y710 with a qualcomm atheros QCA61X4! 

Suddenly out of nowhere, the bluetooth module started to stop functioning properly. I had been using it with a wireless bluetooth headset. After losing connectivity I rebooted my machine. Disabled/re-enabled the bluetooth module and tried to add the device again. This time around, the bluetooth module only detects very FEW bluetooth devices compared to before. I have two machines and the second machine show much more devices. The machine with issue only show like yours, a Samsung TV bluetooth connection, and a mobile. 

I tried a lot of stuff, uninstalling, downloading new drivers here, and also tried the Lenovo driver updater. No success.

Tried disabling the wifi connectivity in BIOS. No success.

Now, the bluetooth unit does not even get recognized in Device Manager, even though I check the vendor id and its the same. Forcing a driver install using the QCA drivers found here does not work either.

I tried to check if there were any new windows updates, but no success.

Only thing I haven't tried is to restore back to earlier restore point. I will try to do that.

I think there is a systematic hardware issue or update related issue that needs to be addressed by Lenovo here!

edit: 
Also wanted to add that I tested with another bluetooth speaker and also confirmed that the devices (headset and speaker) does work with another device (iPhone).

https://superuser.com/questions/1195097/bluetooth-stopped-working-in-windows-10-qualcomm-atheros-qca9377
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=269805.0
http://community.acer.com/t5/Nitro-and-Aspire-Gaming/Qualcomm-Atheros-QCA61x4-driver-issue-in-Windows-10/td-p/378798
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ene4jIAzcuo

Options

32 Posts

07-08-2017

PL

48 Signins

473 Page Views

• Views: 473
  • Message 3 of 6

2017-09-05, 17:46 PM

Hi there. I still haven't found the solution to the problem, either. As I said earlier I'd already tried restoring to the previous ghost image and even reinstalling windows 10 from scratch. To no avail... The bluetooth detects the cotoller or the headset but doesn't pair while very few devices like LG TV connect instantly. What's even more perplexing is that the controller and the headset pair to my xiaomi smartphone  and nvidia shield with no issue. I considered requesting rma as it's 2-month new and under warranty but I'm afraid it might be sent back as as fully working as the module seems to be working in general... It's so frustrating as I used the xbox one s controller on a daily basis. For now to get round the problem I have ordered xbox one pc wireless dongle to be able to use the controller again. But I still would like to be able to use the bluetooh feature of the Cube for other devices. I wonder whether clearing cmos by removing battery on the motherboard would help or removing and reinstaling the wifi card would help - I guess this is where the atheros module resides...

Options

4 Posts

09-05-2017

NO

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 4 of 6

2017-09-10, 23:48 PM

In the manual the chip is a mini-pcie card which can be swapped.

Before I have done a trick on a notebook to apply tape to pin 20 or 51 to disable the motherboard from turning the antenna on/off. Because sometimes the keyboard on laptop or the bios just get broken. So maybe if you try to take the chip in and out and it don't work, try to google mini pcie pin 20 or 51 tape and you can see what I am talking about. 

I am not able to do this trick until I am back from holiday. But it is worth a try, maybe some antenna is disabled for some unknown reason. Also I tried googling for replacement, the atheros chip is about 30 usd from chinese vendors, and bluetooth usb dongle is 2-8 usd. For me, the worst part is to wait while the machine is being serviced. Unbearable!

Options

1 Posts

09-16-2017

US

1 Signins

9 Page Views

• Views: 9
  • Message 5 of 6

2017-09-16, 13:43 PM

Another one here! Same symptoms... arghh!

Options

7 Posts

12-04-2013

NO

7 Signins

84 Page Views

• Views: 84
  • Message 6 of 6

2018-12-26, 18:56 PM

The solution is to take the BIOS battery out for a few seconds and restart the computer again. It happened already twice (and always after a windows update) and now works flawlessly.  Hope it works for you. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete