Options

3 Posts

08-06-2020

AF

3 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 1 of 2

Y900-34ISZ BIOS Update Issue (systems a brick now)

2020-08-06, 14:01 PM

Never update bios if you don't have to... I broke that rule.  Manually went to Lenovo website for an update of bios (had a late 2015 version which didn't allow for much control of 6700k or S-SDRAM); and a late 2017 version came up "o35jy19usa_y900.exe" with instructions.  I downloaded and followed those instructions.  I never got through step 8 which says something about seeing a post error "0162: Setup Integrity check failure after reboot. It is normal behavior." ...and to press F1 and enter BIOS Setup Utility and F10 to save.  The auto boot locked the processor fan on high and all the peripherals stopped working - never got to save flash.  Forced power-off and system automatically powered back on.  Pulled plug, released power, and pulled cmos battery.  After first startup the processor fan goes back to high mode, power wants to keep coming on, and no peripherals (monitor, keyboard, mouse) appear to work (put an ISO in usb port and then DVD drive... nada).  Currently no way to get to board bios - HELP.

Options

3 Posts

08-06-2020

AF

3 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:Y900-34ISZ BIOS Update Issue (systems a brick now)

2020-08-06, 16:47 PM

Partial fix.  Near bottom of Intel Skylark-S (Z150/1151) board are 3 sets of pins; 2 appear to be cmos and the top may be debug.  I moved the middle set from position 1-2 to 2-3.  Had to cycle power and then clicked on F1 key... keyboard and mouse lit up but monitor didn't  and I heard 2 short beeps (apparently no video warning) coming from the box.  I powered down and moved the jumper back to 1 and 2. Powered up and was able to bring up the Bios Util (it may have come up on its own but I still pushed F1).  Updated the date (from 2015); rest looked OK (version was 01ZKT45A from 2017) except the Advanced tab no longer include the minimal options for OC on the 6700k.   So help getting back that bit would be nice... preferably without a new bios flash...   Ran Lenovo Solution Center Test... all green.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete