07-21-2019 08:14 PM - edited 07-22-2019 08:44 AM
I just started having trouble with the USB ports on my Y900 ideacentre desktop running Windows 10 64-bit.
A couple days ago I heard the Windows device disconnect noise while watching a video, and all my USB devices stopped working.
The devices (keyboard, mouse) work when plugged into another computer, and the ports are all getting power, but I can't get anything to connect via them.
Only input I can manage is an old PS/2 keyboard or mouse.
I've tried basically every possible solution listed online:
1) Disabling/enabling the USB controller in Device Manager
2) Uninstalling/reinstalling the USB controller/driver in Device Manager
3) Changing power options to not allow turning off the USB controller or suspending USB devices.
4) Checking the BIOS (USB is enabled)
5) Disabling USB in the BIOS, starting Windows, shutting down, re-enabling USB in the BIOS, and starting Windows back up.
6) Removing the motherboard battery, and waiting for a full discharge before putting it back in.
The Lenovo Vantage app states that I have everything up to date, and the USB motherboard test passes. BIOS also seems current (O1ZKT45A).
Anyone experience anything like this, or have any ideas?
Below is what I see in my Device Manager including the driver version
Edit: I think it may be a hardware issue, as my usb keyboard and mouse don't work when booting from a Linux Mint DVD either.
10-15-2019 12:27 PM