09-10-2016

US

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 1 of 4

Y900 Internet and Bluetooth not working after windows update

2016-09-12, 17:04 PM

I just had a window update on my Y900 desktop, had it for 8 months.  The Bluetooth and internet does not work after a windows 10 software update.

Bluetooth: at first the icon was missing from my lower right corner and was missing in my network and sharing center. I tried reinstalling the driver but it did not work.  After a couple of days later it came back on its own.  However, it won't successfully connect with any of my devices.  My desktop can see the device but it won't connect.  When try connecting my Bluetooth speaker to my phone, it work fine.  It just won't connect to my computer.  It see the device and tries to connect but it times out.  None of application that runs on Bluetooth will work either.

Internet:  At first I thought it was just my Wi-Fi.  It would connect but would give me a "no internet, secure."  Again I tried restore my Wi-Fi driver to a previous version.  Uninstalling it and reinstalling it again from the Lenovo site.  But none of which work.  Then I tried hard wiring it through the Ethernet and it won't work either.

It’s been over a month and I still can't figure it out.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Solved! See the solution
Options

2 Posts

06-24-2016

US

4 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Y900 Internet and Bluetooth not working after windows update

2016-11-23, 1:35 AM

Not a solution but a work around. Spend $15 on a Hi-Speed BT 4.0 USB. Get a good one like

Asus. Better this than wait for someone to answer your question with a solution that works.

Coming from another Y900 owner with the same problem(with BT).

Options

9 Posts

09-30-2016

US

17 Signins

117 Page Views

• Views: 117
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-11-30, 18:44 PM

What does your Device manager show? 

when you go into settings / Manage Bluetooth Devices what do you see? Is it on?

Options

3 Posts

09-10-2016

US

5 Signins

34 Page Views

• Views: 34
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-11-30, 22:31 PM

That was missing on my settings too.  I uninstall all my windows updates and my Bluetooth and Wifi was able to connect.  I then install all the windows updates and everything still works.  My guess is the one of my old windows undate was bad.  Thanks guys.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete