Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
zerozoneice
Punch Card
Views: 335
Message 1 of 11

Y910-27ISH is Nvidia GSYNC compatible!

Don't know if you guys noticed this, but Nvidia finally made GSYNC available to everyone starting January 2019.

This means that if you're lucky to own a non-GSYNC monitor that is somehow compatible with GSYNC, you can still enable the feature in the Nvidia control panel.

Well, i tested today and seems our 27" 144Hz panel supports GSYNC just fine, even if it's not "certified" by Nvidia Smiley Happy

So this amazing machine is now both Freesync and GSYNC compatible (with Nvidia drivers > 417.xx i think)

The recommended settings are: GSYNC ON + VSYNC ON in the Nvidia Control Panel, plus VSYNC OFF in the game menus.

Game ON!

Now all we need is modded / official BIOS for KabyLake...hello Lenovo?!

Lord_jesus
Paper Tape
Views: 316
Message 2 of 11

Re: Y910-27ISH is Nvidia GSYNC compatible!

WOW, that's awesome!
DmdlC
Serial Port
Views: 282
Message 3 of 11

Yes we know that.

I posted it in January: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Gaming-Desktops/G-SYNC-in-AIO-Y910-F0CJ000BUS/m-p/4344096#M2060

Unfortunately I discovered that the our lcd panel from the Y910-27ISH also has the GSYNC flickering problem that many other people with expensive GSYNC certified displays are reporting in several forums. Here you find an good example for this problem: https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/1030337/geforce-drivers/g-sync-flicker-fix-must-see-/

It seems that there is no general fix for this problem so I have decided for myself to turn GSYNC off because I don't like this light flickering.

jaywerrett
Punch Card
Views: 256
Message 4 of 11

also agree here as i am sooooo waiting and still hoping for a BIOS update for KabyLake cpu's

will be keeping my fingers crossed on this as its last option i want just so can put a kabylake in and be done with it lol...

lenovo dont seem to be making an updated model of the Y910 and i dont wanna get rid of this AIO either Smiley Sad
DmdlC
Serial Port
Views: 243
Message 5 of 11

Unfortunately Lenovo is not a gamer friendly company like e.g. Asus. So it's really annoying that they don't make this simple BIOS update for Kaby Lake. Really annoying... :-(

jaywerrett
Punch Card
Views: 240
Message 6 of 11

This is understandable but also no excuse for them either 

They made this computer as a gaming one... as let's be honest what other aio systems can fit a full sized FE 1080gtx in and comes with a 144hz panel etc?

If I'm correct it's a h170 motherboard as well so they have no reason to not update the micro code for us lot since been trying out the 6700T cpu and seeing if much difference to the 6700 apart from TDP rating

At least update it for kabylake and then call it a day for this unit simple.. it isn't much to ask from them since these wernt cheap to purchase either and users obviously would like to put a kaby lake in

Must be someone who can maybe modify the bios for us with the updated code to allow the kabylake cpus?

DmdlC
Serial Port
Views: 235
Message 7 of 11

Yes, you are right: The Y910-27ISH is a beast of a gaming machine. Best AIO ever!! I have the version with 32 GB RAM, Skylake 6700 and GTX1080. Really a great AIO...

Unfortunately the developers from Lenovo didn't manage the cooling problems so the sales figures were probably not as good as expected and finally they stopped supporting this AIO and probably the whole idea behind this AIO system... :-(

Without the undervolting trick for the cpu I would be unhappy too because of the very loud fan noise within games...

So I hope that the Lenovo developers will at least do the security fixes for this AIO in the future even if they told me in September 2018 that they think that this AIO is end of life...

jaywerrett
Punch Card
Views: 230
Message 8 of 11

i wish someone was able to mod the bios for kabylake really as be just amazing

i hoping the 6700T got in at the moment holds well compared to the 6700 for games as i got a asus 2070 turbo card i wanna put it, but prefer have it with the 6700T as i am reaching the PSU limit otherwise using the 6700 cpu Smiley Sad

i agree with the undervolting trick as i use intel app to drop it by about 0.100v and be great if was way set that forever from the bios or a modified bios

can onlu hope i guess if someone out there can do it
boozey
Fanfold Paper
Views: 180
Message 9 of 11

Just checking in....   I also tested this out and get the flickering problem with GSYNC turned ON.   I get it in game and out.

Anyone able to overcome this flickering issue?

zerozoneice
Punch Card
Views: 130
Message 10 of 11

yep, after more testing, i also confirm also flickering

seems that if i run at 1440p it flickers more often than at 1080...strange.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors