Options

5 Posts

10-23-2020

IN

3 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 1 of 1

can't change RAM frequency on my BIOS????

2020-10-23, 15:21 PM

so i recently bought the Lenovo Ideacentre Gaming 5i desktop (14IMB05 - Model Number) and it has the following specs
i7 - 10700 
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060
8 GB RAM from Samsung (initially) @ 2933 MHz
motherboard: lenovo 370A with bios version O4HKT22A
so i wanted to upgrade that 8 gigs of RAM to 16 gigs so i bought a corsair vengeance 8 GB module that was rated at 3000MHz (Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB DDR4 3000 (PC4-24000) C16 PC Memory (CMK8GX4M1D3000C16)) and i installed it

this new stick of RAM is rated at 2133 MHz as a default setting and we are actually supposed to go into the BIOS to change the value using Intel XMP but when i went over to my BIOS after installing the RAM, i couldnt find any option for XMP there. now i know for a fact that my motherboard supports 2933 MHz so there should be a BIOS option in gaming devices to change RAM frequencies. :|

there is a new BIOS update available for this computer and i will be trying that as well although i really doubt that will do anything

i also dont know how to manually change RAM speeds using something like Thaiphoon Burner or any other hex editor of the sort to fix my issue because those things involve setting timings and all manually and i wouldnt want to mess up anything 

please help. :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete