Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cereal_
Paper Tape
Views: 255
Message 1 of 3

Anyone else having problems with Dolby Atmos? [Y720]

I've purchased the application, but I'm not quite sure if it's the application's issue, the windows issue or the Y720 issue.

The thing is, you'd have to go pick it in the Sound Settings in Surround Sound Options, but after a while or after a restart the setting is back to "Off" on its own. So, I'd have to re-choose Dolby again. That's not the only problem, the problem is when I do that, the sound channel/driver settings change, this causes the currently running applications that uses sound, to either go mute or crash.

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 220
Message 2 of 3

Re: Anyone else having problems with Dolby Atmos? [Y720]

There is a known issue with Windows 10 version 1903 and Dolby Atmos, so if you have already upgraded to 1903, it may be related to your problem.

From https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/windows/release-information/status-windows-10-1903#433msgdesc    

Audio not working with Dolby Atmos headphones and home theater

After updating to Windows 10, version 1903, you may experience loss of audio with Dolby Atmos for home theater (free extension) or Dolby Atmos for headphones (paid extension) acquired through the Microsoft Store due to a licensing configuration error.

This occurs due to an issue with a Microsoft Store licensing component, where license holders are not able to connect to the Dolby Access app and enable Dolby Atmos extensions.

To safeguard your update experience, we have applied protective hold on devices from being offered Windows 10, version 1903 until this issue is resolved. This configuration error will not result in loss of access for the acquired license once the problem is resolved.

Affected platforms:
  • Client: Windows 10, version 1903
 Next steps: We are working on a resolution for Microsoft Store and estimate a solution will be available in mid-June.
Note We recommend you do not attempt to manually update using the Update now button or the Media Creation Tool until this issue has been resolved. 
Highlighted
Cereal_
Paper Tape
Views: 200
Message 3 of 3

Re: Anyone else having problems with Dolby Atmos? [Y720]

In fact that bug is on 1809, I have not been able to upgrade to 1903 yet.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors