cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 314
Message 11 of 15

Re: Are these temps fairly normal?

90 degrees is considered a "safe" operating temperature. However, you should really have it at around 80 or lower to make your CPU last longer and keep your motherboard from warping.

However, to put it into perspective, something like an iMac (which will have stronger specs) will let the CPU reach almost 100 degrees on load. It's not healthy, but it's not going to damage anything in the short term.
nagooro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 292
Message 12 of 15

Sounds like your numbers are pretty close to mine. I'm undervolted by -0.140 and I have similar temps to you, maybe even a touch better.

I was a day or two over my 30 day return policy, they had to get approval from a supervisor, but are sending me a replacement. That was over a month ago, it finally shipped a few days ago. I'll get it next week and do side by side testing to see how they compare for thermals. Hopefully the new one runs a bit cooler.
betterkarma
Paper Tape
Views: 285
Message 13 of 15

This is good news - did they let you keep your laptop while they were getting the new one ready for shipment or did you have to return it first and be without a laptop for a month and a half?

nagooro
Fanfold Paper
Views: 280
Message 14 of 15

They let me keep my current one. Once I have the new replacement, I have 5 days to send the old one out.
betterkarma
Paper Tape
Views: 267
Message 15 of 15

Great news! Thanks for the response! Hopefully you get the temps we all expected with the new machine.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors