CA

1 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 2

BSOD Frequent Windows Crashes, Video Scheduler error- Lenovo Y540

2020-04-08, 19:13 PM

Hi Guys,

I recently bought the new y540 and it has been working great, however it has frequent crashes with the BSOD popping up and informing me that it is a video scheduling error. Im not sure how to fix this or if this is and issue with windows or with my laptop specifically. I have tried updating my graphics card drivers, done hard drive corruption checkups. Any help would be appreciated. 

Options

1 Posts

04-08-2020

US

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 2 of 2

Re:BSOD Frequent Windows Crashes, Video Scheduler error- Lenovo Y540

2020-04-08, 19:27 PM

My man, i am sorry to hear about your situation. BUT i am happy to hear i am not alone.

Though, i bought my y530 1060 around a year ago, and 2 days ago i started getting BSoD's with 7 different stop codes (a few times it was actually TDR VIDEO FAILURE along with "nvlddmkm.sys") every time it crashed. It mostly crashed when i was playing something, and not just browsing the internet. i was almost certain it was GPU related, but i tried many fixes that could potentially solve my problem. Alas, nothing worked.

Today i decided i will just un-install my Nvidia GPU (including all related software) from the Device Manager and try to run my games like that. Surprise surprise it works smoothly and no crashing, just looking like sh*t.

im saying all this because i have no real understanding in computers and i wanna join in on this thread, hear opinions, and see if you get some good answers.

If somebody could actually 100% confirm that it means my GPU needs to be replaced, that would already be a big step for me.

Best of luck to us man.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save