Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Immelmann
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,597
Message 1 of 5

Battery charges only to 95%

Hello everybody,

my problem: Lenovo Y700 15 ISK with Windows 10 x64 charges the battery only to 95%. The bar at the bottom always shows "95% plugged in, charging”. I have no battery settings (maintenance mode etc.) activated, especially because I have no software to do so. As far as I know there is no such settings in Windows 10.

I just bought it. Have immediately (without looking whether it loads to 95%) formatted the SSD and Installed Windows 10 and Drivers from http://support.lenovo.com/de/de/products/laptops-and-netbooks/ideapad-y-series-laptops/y700-15isk?qu...

I installed only the Drivers and Lenovo Utility + Lenovo System Interface Foundation (which have no interface). I also tried to install Lenovo Companion and Lenovo settings and change battery settings such as conservation mode, etc. While it change the indicator from "charging" to "not charging" and back it still does not move over 95%.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Should I return it?

Guru
Views: 1,579
Message 2 of 5

Re: Battery charges only to 95%

Boot a live linux usb stick and check what battery reading you get there

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Immelmann
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,564
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for the advice. I tried and it was still the same:

Energy                               46,8 Wh

Energy when full             49,2 Wh

Energy (design)                60 Wh

Percentage                        95%

Capacity                             82%

After seeing that my battery only have 82% of its capacity I did some research and found on archlinux:

Ewaller <...This is why it is sometimes necessary to 'Calibrate' a battery.  The battery should be allowed to run down to the point where the system shuts down.  Modern battery monitors will use this point on the discharge curve as the new datum for the charge state and, after the next charge cycle, should have an accurate value for the fully charged state...>

I will try to discharge the battery and hope that the max percentage will rise.

The problem that bothers me now is WHY do I have only 82% capacity in a new device ?????????

Guru
Views: 1,557
Message 4 of 5

I recall when i first bought my phone. It would turn off before reaching 6%. I let it die and then full charge non-stop (important)

Afterward all was ok

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Immelmann
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,535
Message 5 of 5

So,

I did 2 cycles. Used the Laptop until it reached 1% and peg out, twice. And still no changes. The bar at the bottom always shows "95% plugged in, charging”. Capacity even dropped to 75%. I will do few more cycles, downgrade Bios (because I upgraded it) and re install some drivers. After that I am out of ideas

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors