HU

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 1 of 3

Battery dead?

2021-01-10, 20:39 PM

Hello

I got an issue with my legion Y530. Yesterday i noticed that the battery was not charging beyond 89% and can not turn it on without AC.

Got tested can anyone tell me what this code is? 

Final Result Code: W36AV3D683K5-RDEPH1H1

Battery Result Code:WBA0000500004-UH8VBD

Its ironic because i wanted to purchase extended warranty since november, and they only sent a message received email...

Options

841 Posts

04-23-2019

US

433 Signins

13857 Page Views

• Views: 13857
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Battery dead?

2021-01-13, 20:37 PM

Hello @NikonX,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I've checked the Diagnostic code you've provided and it did not return with any results.

I would recommend uninstalling the ACPI compliant battery driver from the batteries section in the device manager then restarting the machine.

If this does not work you can try checking for BIOS updates or trying if a different charger will work better for you.

If all of these steps fail you can try contacting Helpdesk at https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/supportphonelist for assistance with battery replacement.

Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jack_Lenovo1

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

2 Posts

01-10-2021

HU

3 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Battery dead?

2021-01-14, 9:05 AM

Hi Jack,

thank you for your answer I will try and give it a shot, but i dont think a driver update would solve this error. As for other ppl it didnt do much.

I rolled back the BIOS for the original factory one so far it did nothing. I have a suspicion that the latest BIOS update (sept 17) killed the battery. Im from Hungary and the service here is just horrible. The phone line does not connect to anyone just a system that says order a service trough e-mail. To the first mail I sent they replied with an automatic message, then they plainly ignored that I tried to extend the warranty yet noone replied from Lenovo sales. And after all that i asked for the price and I was shocked the whole repair (battery replacement) would cost almost ~25% of the laptops original price. Rather just live my life without the battery or I would go out burn the notebook and switch to other brand because the lack of support for this is unbelievable.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms