Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Gaming – Lenovo LegionGaming Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

67 Posts

04-17-2017

United States of America

69 Signins

491 Page Views

• Views: 491
  • Message 1 of 4

Bios and Fan Control

2019-08-16, 22:19 PM

Can we get a confirmation that Lenovo has even acknowledged that we are requesting fan control? Or a bios that does not turn our laptops into throttlebook pros? 

Lol can we get a confirmation that anyone that works for Lenovo has even clicked any forum post regarding fan control?  

I enjoy laptop don't get me wrong. But had I known Lenovo was set out to be the Next Apple as far what they think is best for those who bought the products, I would have just purchased another Clevo based product or MSI raider or stealth.

Answer
Options

67 Posts

04-17-2017

United States of America

69 Signins

491 Page Views

Re: Bios and Fan Control

2019-08-17, 12:11 PM

Nerve center does not have any options for fan control on my y740 17. 

Replies(3)
Options

299 Posts

08-27-2016

Greece

1478 Signins

7297 Page Views

• Views: 7297
  • Message 2 of 4

2019-08-17, 6:05 AM
Hey, try Lenovo Nerve Center. You can define a key combination to boost fans to the max

I am a volunteer in this forum and also a lenovo user. If i helped you, click on the kudos button!

Answer
Options

67 Posts

04-17-2017

United States of America

69 Signins

491 Page Views

• Message 3 of 4

2019-08-17, 12:11 PM

Nerve center does not have any options for fan control on my y740 17. 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

4 Posts

11-01-2019

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

4 Signins

68 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 68
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-11-28, 17:25 PM

Totally agree... I've had a great time with lenovo so far...

Bought an x1 Yoga 1st gen to refurb and use which had issues after updating through Lenovo's own update utility. Since it had release date BIOS and the utility said it was a 'critical update' I figured it might fix the issues - it was a critical update alright. Even though everything went through successfully upon automatic reboot the laptop was bricked. Multiple calls to Lenovo and I got the same response that it's a hardware fault and one likely caused by me. I was told the board could not be repaired and that their utility and BIOS updates were flawless upon releasing them to the public and therefore, the BIOS could not be corrupt. It's strange how a new bios chip with an earlier bios fixed that issue... for £11 and not the quoted £350.

I then somehow won a bid for a near brand new X1 Yoga 3rd gen for £650.  It's running 97-99 degrees on window start up because the fan kicks in slowly and only when it's time to throttle. Called support who said they'd replace the motherboard because it's likely a CPU issue o.0. I load up TPfancontrol and it has the embedded bios setting for the fan. That setting gives the same issue and only ramps up to 5000rpm max. Switch it to 'smart' which is a software controlled fan curve (not using the Lenovo BIO's curve and I'm getting a properly cooled PC with 7500RPM at maximum temperatures. Once again, Lenovo telling me it's a hardware issue.

So yeah, Lenovo needs to fix and implement BIOS fan control because the embedded controller clearly likes to work part-time and half arsed.

TLDR: Clearly issues with BIOS and rather than fixing their software, Lenovo points at hardware issues. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms