Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
codeHusky
Serial Port
Views: 2,005
Message 21 of 218

Re: Bring back fan control to the Legion Y740

If someone from Lenovo could respond to this so we at least know someone's seen this, that'd be great.

AlfredGL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,940
Message 22 of 218

I updated the BIOS last night, and even though i see a change in the Fans behavior with Fn+Q, fans still go to max after pressing the combination, but now I get a transitory icon on the screen showing max fans, pressing it again i see an icon showing what I think is QUIET performance and pressing it once more shows AUTO. 

Fans still go to max as far as I can tel. Are they not as fast as before? Is this what you guys noticed?

One thing that changed is the "conservation mode" though, is not working, battery still reaching 100% and stays there. Will post about it.

codeHusky
Serial Port
Views: 1,934
Message 23 of 218

@AlfredGL wrote:

fans still go to max after pressing the combination, but now I get a transitory icon on the screen showing max fans, pressing it again i see an icon showing what I think is QUIET performance and pressing it once more shows AUTO. 

Fans still go to max as far as I can tel. Are they not as fast as before? Is this what you guys noticed?

One thing that changed is the "conservation mode" though, is not working, battery still reaching 100% and stays there. Will post about it.

That doesn't exactly sound like what we've been experiencing. What bios are you on? Can you check by going into the bios and looking for the version number? Do you have the new version of vantage? Can you record a video of this?

AlfredGL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,925
Message 24 of 218

I just checked. The bios info is also visible on the Vantage app home window. It's AVCN19WWV1.09. In this picture i show the home screen of the Lenovo Vantage. 

I created a video but I need to upload it somewhere and then post the link, can't upload a video here directly.1562356329231.JPEG

codeHusky
Serial Port
Views: 1,914
Message 25 of 218

Sounds good. Just upload it to YouTube and link it when ready

AlfredGL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,912
Message 26 of 218

Here's the video. Pressing Fn+Q is a lot more responsive than before. It used to take a few seconds for the fans to go up to MAX, and several seconds to go back to AUTO, but now it's very snappy.
https://imgur.com/a/ITRRNK9

You can activate sounds to hear the fans.

codeHusky
Serial Port
Views: 1,905
Message 27 of 218

From what I've heard, those are the Gaming, Quiet, and Auto modes. They're part of the new Vantage update we're getting. And yeah, that's the problematic behavior. What you're hearing isn't max fans from what I've been told.

AlfredGL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,904
Message 28 of 218

I'm on the 15" model BTW.

Perhaps you could try to reinstall the new BIOS version. Lenovo Vantage installed a new folder called BIOS in the C: root directory, inside is the exe for the bios install.

Do you have the same Vantage app home screen? I've seen some pics with different colors and accents.

AlfredGL
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,902
Message 29 of 218

I see, so they remove MAX fans and changed it for GAMING. Is your "Conservation Mode" working well? Sry for asking but that's another BIOS problem I found.

scottshafferart
What's DOS?
Views: 1,629
Message 30 of 218

My Y740 is hitting mid 90s while on Chrome, making it very uncomfortable to use. Please bring back the fan control.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors