cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EIC
Paper Tape
Views: 207
Message 1 of 2

C Storage Full Tried Many Solutions to partition/access space on D - problem remains unresolved

The C drive on my Lenovo Y700 is full (I have defraged, deleted, and exhaused all simple solutions). I have attempted to follow many methods for accessing space on the D drive, many of which are suggested in this thread https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/ll07_en/page/1/thread-id/3009 

The problem I am running into is that there is no room on the C drive for me to shrink the volume, or manupulate it in any other way. (This never seemed to be a reasonable solution to me, but it was suggested in the thread to another user who was having the same issue.)

It seems that I have to access space from the D drive, and add it to the C drive. This can not possibly be that complicated of an issue, but like innumerable others, I've been trying everything I can for months and the problem is unresolved.

Guru
Views: 189
Message 2 of 2

Re: C Storage Full Tried Many Solutions to partition/access space on D - problem remains unresolved

It seems like your C: is an SSD whereas the D: is the HDD.

You cannot allocate space from D: to C: like that. They are physically different disks.

You may have too many obsolete things on your C drive because ideally windows should take about 20GB initially.

My documents with a lot of saved games can probably grow but not as much as that.

You need to install some software on the HDD, rather than put everything on the SSD.

I have a similar setup and still got about 35GB free on my SSD because I install games and non-critical software on the HDD. Also, downloaded files go to the HDD.

Does that answer your question to some extent?

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors